Happy christmas :-) (Read 638 times)
Curious Aardvark
Slinging.org Administrator

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Happy christmas :-)
Dec 23rd, 2020 at 7:26am

Can't believe it's that time of year again.

2020 has been an 'interesting' year.

Good for some of us, bad for most and great for the united states. Who can start retaking their rightful place on the world stage, after 4 years of international social distancing and slowly becoming a global pariah.

The International in march, was the first one I missed in 6 years and the first one to feature a slinger from finland Smiley
Kudos to Kick for becoming the world's first finnish slinging champion.

And major kudos to me mate christian 'the austrian mountain' for becoming world champion - well that's what he says Wink
Something to do with the new points system and consistent placing in all competitions - but well deserved, all the same Thumbs Up

The forum still totters on with our outdated software (if it works, why change it).
And I'm still dreading the day I'll have to update it again.

We've welcomed a bunch of new members and had our usual mix of both interesting and unusual topics.
Fewer arguments than most years I think whistle

From my personal point of view the pandemic has been great for business, good for everyone in the IT arena, actually.
And it turns out my normal life style is mostly socially distanced anyway - so bugger all difference there lol
The last couple months have been tough, but we're through that and I'm either immune to corona viri or totally asymptomatic. So that's all good !

For most of you, I know it's been a challenging year and things are definitely looking up for 2021.

So for now I'll wish you and yours a fantastic christmas and we can all look forward to a better year to come.

Merry christmas and a happy, healthy and positive new year !

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
Interfector Viris Spurii

Finland
Re: Happy christmas :-)
Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2020 at 8:03am

Merry Christmas one and all!

It's definitely been interesting for me this year. The International was a definite highlight. Quite possibly the best holiday I've ever had and I got to meet a lot of people I've heard and talked to for years in the flesh finally! It was just after that that it went downhill with corona sinking its teeth into the year, but then was brought back up by another highlight: getting married! Marriage wasn't really all that important to us but it's also kind of nice that our relationship of 9 years is "official". The rest of the year was punctuated with stress, overwork, anxiety, grief over 9 of our residents at work dying this year and finally, just last week, a diagnosis of panic disorder. On the up though, I'm finally getting my shit in order and I got the sort of drugs people usually try to steal from hospitals so that's pretty good.

This year may have had a lot that sucked in it, but then again I'm ending this year thankful for what I have and those I have in my life. 2020 will soon be over and I'm not expecting 2021 to suddenly be easy, but I think this year has forged new strength. Happy New Year to all!

IP Logged

Morphy
Interfector Viris Spurii

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Dec 23rd, 2020 at 8:40am

2020 is the year I hopefully put school behind me or at least the majority of it. I still need some fire certs but I'll take those as they come.

I went approx. 5 years with almost no slinging or other interesting hobbies but the upside to that is I realize how much I love this side of my life and I am starting it back up with renewed enthusiasm.

The up coming year will see us ideally find a house more conducive to primitive weaponry in which case my life will hopefully be complete or more complete anyways.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas this year because I have it on good authority that season 2 of "Everybody Loves Corona" might include zombies. Depends on what our Reptoid Overlords decide on. Can't wait.

Ya I'm crazy. Crazy like a fox!...ish.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Interfector Viris Spurii

Texas
Reply #3 - Dec 23rd, 2020 at 8:42am

Merry Christmas everyone. I’m not a big fan of broad labels like “good” or “bad” to describe an entire year, but I would generally agree with the sentiment of the Babylon Bee that 2020 was the worst year ever... provided you’ve never lived in any other time in all of history. We sat around in “isolation” watching Netflix in air conditioned homes while food and stuff gets magically delivered to our doorstep. Neither vikings nor mongols burned my city down. The pandemic is a tragedy for our generation, but in perspective, this “plague” has killed off a relatively small portion of the population so far compared to others in the past... it is pretty annoying to have to wear a mask though Grin

This year was “complicated” and full of changes, but ultimately I am very lucky to have the life that I have, and I think my family has fared better than many others. My family is healthy. My children have not lacked food or shelter.  I added a 4th baby boy to the roster in August. Since I am working from home, I can step into my yard and sling tennis balls whenever I want a break from work. And I upgraded my sling-making with a tabletop sling factory that is ready to crank out hundreds of slings in 2021 if I can find a home for them.
« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2020 at 3:04pm by NooneOfConsequence »  

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

vetryan15
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Mainers
Reply #4 - Dec 23rd, 2020 at 3:50pm

Merry Christmas, 

Its been crazy. Not sure what it will bring, but hopefully its. Good, not just for me, but everyone here

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #5 - Dec 23rd, 2020 at 4:51pm

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

One thing I'll say about 2020, it was a great year for sling challenges.  Pendulums, coins, nails, drive-bys, and definitely pumpkins!  Looking forward to the upcoming year!

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #6 - Dec 23rd, 2020 at 5:15pm

A merry Christmas and best wishes to all and sundry from my tribe and I.

My country has been on lockdown since March, but my bread and butter work is done from home anyway. In terms of slinging the need to keep my kids occupied was one of the reasons I started slinging again after a long long hiatus. I'm finally learning how to do it properly, and the kids love slinging.

It hasn't been a terrible year for me, just disappointing as I feel like I'm treading water rather than achieving much. Took a bit of a hit to my revenue stream but there's a crapload of people worse off than me and I'm not the whining type. So all in all it's a nothing year, we're alive and have food in the cupboards and crops in the ground. My sixth child is due to make an appearance next year so I feel like next year will be a good one.

IP Logged

woodssj

That lake isn't going
to fill itself, y'know...

'Round & about, Here and there
Reply #7 - Dec 25th, 2020 at 5:00pm

Merry Christmas. Here's to survival and fighting back in '21.

Confused Archaeologists are the best Archaeologists.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #8 - Dec 27th, 2020 at 7:40pm

Merry Christmas and happy New Year.  For me 2020 was a sucky year.  Besides tRump and Covid,  early in the year my only brother died then shortly after my best friend of 35 years followed suit.  I had to be hospitalized twice due to those damned intestinal blockages and one of my two remaining sisters almost died twice from COPD.  There is of no guarantee that 2021 will be better but I will be quite happy to see 2020 go.

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

eugene or
Reply #9 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 2:47am

Merry Christmas

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Kick
Interfector Viris Spurii

Finland
Reply #10 - Dec 31st, 2020 at 5:19pm

Happy New Year! Hyvää uutta vuotta!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Aussie, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Rat Man)