Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Distance Competition - Austin, Nevada (Read 170 times)
IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Distance Competition - Austin, Nevada
May 31st, 2024 at 6:20pm

All,

I will be 'hosting' a distance slinging competition in Austin, Nevada (actually held at Smith Creek dry lake bed) on August 24th and 25th, 2024. Why Austin, NV? We are going to be piggy backing off of the flight archery broadhead competition that happens there every year. They  have some nice distance measuring equipment and are good people.

There are only a few accommodations nearby, so please let me know if you would like to come so I can make sure that we can coordinate and get everyone a place to stay. I will likely be camping on the lakebed. I'll have a canopy for putting some chairs under and will have lots of water with me.

Here is a preview of the area. It is an amazing spot for distance slinging. I will be bringing clay projectiles, concrete projectiles, lighted glandes and some lead.  Come chuck stuff in the desert!!

https://youtu.be/eiB2y_cFkfg

https://maps.app.goo.gl/JSfw8eVgZojr2REq7
Location coordinates: 39.33169437258802, -117.44511823054297

AustinNVZoomedin.PNG (865 KB | 15 )
AustinNVZoomedin.PNG

John R.

IP Logged

Huntercs
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Distance Competition - Austin, Nevada
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2024 at 6:41pm

Very exciting! I will definitely try and go. Hopefully a lot of good slingers go and we get some data. It would be great to see some confirmed numbers of different slings and projectiles

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Distance Competition - Austin, Nevada
Reply #2 - May 31st, 2024 at 11:36pm

I'll have to check a couple things to see if I can make it.

That location look incredible.  In the video it looks like you're doing a green screen effect.  Grin

I pinned this topic.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, LightSlinger)