Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
5th Slinging World Cup in Ibiza - 2024 (Read 316 times)
joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
5th Slinging World Cup in Ibiza - 2024
Feb 12th, 2024 at 2:42pm

Is it too early in the year to start a post for this???
I don't know, but here it is.  Pep sent out a message with the dates for the next World Cup.  It will be October 16 - 20.

No other details or flyer yet.  Any other info will be posted here as it comes in.

I'm sure it's way too early for anyone to confirm if they're attending or not.  I know I'm in that boat.  I want to go, but will see what the schedule and finances look like when we're closer to that date.

If anyone who hasn't been there yet is thinking about it and has questions, feel free to post them here.  We have quite a few forum members who have been to the event.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2024 at 10:02pm by joe_meadmaker »  

WorldCup5.jpeg (244 KB | 10 )
WorldCup5.jpeg

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Re: 5th Slinging World Cup in Ibiza - 2024
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2024 at 12:21am

He needs to put an itinerary together and get it to us ASAP.
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2024 at 12:14pm by IronGoober »  

John R.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2024 at 6:51am

Agreed

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2024 at 8:36pm

Yep.  You guys could probably give a more thorough list, because I only know last year.  But I'd say the following.
  • An itinerary ASAP would be great.  But I think the only critical part is where and when the World Cup events are happening.  All the "entertainment" stuff, that could be received the day before and I don't care that much.  We basically just sit on the bus and go wherever it takes us anyway.
  • No getting stuck watching another sling competition.  Seeing the Balearic tournament on the last day was awesome.  But we should be slinging with them, or slinging somewhere else.
  • Hotels should be getting figured out right now.  Get everyone in the same place for the entire trip.  And pay the bar staff extra to keep them going until midnight. Smiley
  • No trophy ceremonies until the tournament is done.  If we have to sling through lunch to be on schedule, so be it.

I think if all that stuff was good, I could handle any other inconveniences without a complaint.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2024 at 6:00pm

We got the new flyer from Pep.  Added to the first post.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, LightSlinger, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Rat Man)