Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Things You Can't Find Online (Read 300 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Things You Can't Find Online
Jun 2nd, 2023 at 2:30pm

When the internet was just a few years old I believed that one could find anything if they searched long and hard enough.  I've learned that isn't the case.
     For eleven years the great Dr. J or Juluis Erving if you prefer played for my home Basketball team, the Philadelphia 76ers.  There was a move that he did, often several times a game.  He called it Sky Walking.  He would pick up his dribble at the top of the key and walk through the air to the basket.  It was an amazing sight to behold and we were treated to it often.  I've seen The Doctor Sky Walk literally hundreds of times.  Yet there is no record of it anywhere.  I've tried in vain for decades to find a video of The Doctor performing this feat.  Not only can't I find any trace of Dr. J sky walking but I can't find any explanation as to why I can't find such a video. 
    I guess most people know who Wayne Newton is.  He was a singer as a boy way back in the day.  As an adult he became a rather successful Vegas entertainer.  One of his early hits was his version of A Tisket a Tasket.  There's no way I can describe it.  You'd have to see it.  Our older members know what I'm talking about.  There is no trace of Wayne Newton's A Tisket a Tasket.  At least this time there's no mystery as to why I can't find it.  I'm certain Wayne went to great lengths to remove every trace of it out of shame. 
    There are some  45 records we had as children I can't find online also.  That's all that comes to mind at the moment. 
     Is there anything you want to see but can't find online?
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2023 at 8:32am by Rat Man »  

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Things You Can't Find Online
Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2023 at 12:14pm

I finally found it but I'm not paying sixteen bucks to hear it.

Wayne.jpg (79 KB | 16 )
Wayne.jpg

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Re: Things You Can't Find Online
Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2023 at 6:48am

There is a lot of local culture, traditions and stories, street culture, underground culture, that just don't exist on the internet.

Fun to think of all the stories and urban legends floating around out there, only known by the locals.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris)