Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sling Academy - new board on slinging.org (Read 2272 times)
joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Sling Academy - new board on slinging.org
May 7th, 2023 at 3:35pm

A new board called Sling Academy has been created on the forum.  This is a new place where we can start putting tutorials, instructions, and how-to videos/guides related to slings and slinging.

It can be found here: https://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?board=SlingAcademy.  Or if you're on the main page of the forum, it's right underneath 'Project Goliath - The History of The Sling'.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Sling Academy - new board on slinging.org
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2023 at 10:21pm

All Mersa's tutorial video posts have been moved to the Sling Academy board.  Just a reminder that if anyone has an existing post with a tutorial, we can move it over there if you want.  Just send me a message, or even add a reply to the existing post and request that it be moved.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Jul 1st, 2023 at 12:56pm

This board is a long time in coming. Great idea.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2023 at 12:18am

Thanks man.  I appreciate it.  The new board is building slowly, but everything in there so far is excellent.

IP Logged

rasul

sleeping in the garden..

bay area slinging club
Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2023 at 10:43pm

Awesome!! so stoked for this.

aka @stoneslinging
IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2023 at 8:10pm

@Joe_meadmaker

We should have a pinned thread with all known slinging YouTube channels... do we already have that somewhere?

John R.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #6 - Jul 26th, 2023 at 9:58pm

Thanks for bringing this up IG.  I've been thinking about something like that.  And just to put this out first, I'm definitely open to ideas from anyone.  So if you have a thought, let us know.

What got me thinking about the subject was the topic posted by stoneslinging about his Bay Area Slinging Club.  He has a nice website that he created, and other things on social media.  I was thinking about creating another new board for social media, websites, public events (that aren't specifically competition related), and other things of that sort.  At the top we could have topics pinned for YouTube channels, Facebook pages, Instagram, websites, etc.  Each of these topics could have a list of all known links.  And the board could also have (unpinned) discussion topics like any other.  Maybe someone wants to inquire about setting up a website, how to record better YouTube videos, or getting into social media.

I don't know.  Does this sound like enough (and make sense) for a new board on the forum?  Or should we try to pack everything in to one post and pin it at the top of the General Slinging board.  I'm certain there are partial lists somewhere on the forum.  But I agree it would be great to have one place were we know everything is.  Thoughts?

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #7 - Jul 27th, 2023 at 7:10pm

I think it would get lost in the general board. I think with how technology is and internet culture is now (video- and social media-centric) that we should have a board with this information right under the General board. We want to make it the easiest thing to find for newcomers, imo, because seeing is much better for learning than reading.

John R.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #8 - Jul 27th, 2023 at 11:01pm

I like it.

I'm going to start another topic in the Administrative board on this.  I'd like to get some other thoughts and I think it will be more visible there.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #9 - Jul 27th, 2023 at 11:23pm

The discussion of a new board is now here: https://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1690514503.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark)