Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need help on accuracy. (Read 298 times)
Foresight17
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Need help on accuracy.
May 6th, 2023 at 12:20am

Title says it. I have had a great time improving my accuracy recently and have been able to narrow it down to an 85% hit rate on a 1.5 foot wide and tall target from 5-7 yards, and on a good day can get 60% at 10 yards with most just barely missing. This is being done with 3 concepts in mind before every throw ; 1.Stance 2.Angle of swing 3.Feel the pouch.
However, I am struggling to get any more accuracy than this, anybody have some tips? My goal is to get an 80% hit rate at 10 yards on an average day on the same 1.5 foot wide target, which I'm finding to be quite difficult even with throwing at 80% power instead of 100%.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. a video of target practice, but should give u an idea as to my slinging style. https://youtu.be/DNCzkFT07dw
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2023 at 7:40pm by Foresight17 »  

IP Logged

TOMBELAINE
Funditor

Slinging Rocks!

france
Re: Need help on accuracy.
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2023 at 7:33am

Do you have a video ?
Otherwise, what style do you use ?

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #2 - May 6th, 2023 at 11:33am

Stop counting the successes and tryhitung a much smaller target

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Eino

Projecting stones with
a rope-based device!

Reply #3 - May 7th, 2023 at 11:44am

I found this video helpful for accuracy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6irNkhLdApk

What Mersa said works well.

Good luck! Grin

Once, Toivo and Eino were building a house, but as Toivo worked, he would occasionally throw a nail over his shoulder. When Eino asked why he was being so wasteful, he said, “The heads are on the wrong side!” Eino looked at him and said, “You dummy, those are for the other side of the house!”

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Kick, Morphy, Chris, joe_meadmaker)