Send Topic Print
Greetings (Read 334 times)
Eino

Projecting stones with
a rope-based device!

Greetings
May 2nd, 2023 at 9:35am

Hi,
I sort of got into slinging more than a year ago, and have been doing it mostly in my backyard since. My first sling was a strip of fabric and pinecones. I moved up to Balearic style throwing on a duct tape and paracord sling (still with pinecones as ammo), and eventually stepped it up even more to a 3-strand braided paracord sling (with tennis balls as ammo). I've tried out some other slings and styles, namely helicopter, figure 8 and 4-strand slings, now I'm getting into staff slinging.
I have looked at this forum for a few months, and am glad to have finally joined!
- Eino

Once, Toivo and Eino were building a house, but as Toivo worked, he would occasionally throw a nail over his shoulder. When Eino asked why he was being so wasteful, he said, “The heads are on the wrong side!” Eino looked at him and said, “You dummy, those are for the other side of the house!”

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Re: Greetings
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2023 at 10:01am

It always starts innocently enough, and soon, you are spending way too much time with cordage, clay, or staring at the ground looking for round rocks...

Welcome, good to have you!

John R.

IP Logged

TOMBELAINE
Funditor

Slinging Rocks!

france
Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2023 at 11:00am

Welcome.
Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2023 at 12:02pm

Welcome from New Jersey.  Pinecones make great, safe beginner ammo.  Staff slings are a lot of fun to make and use.

IP Logged

Eino

Projecting stones with
a rope-based device!

Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2023 at 9:41am

IronGoober wrote on May 2nd, 2023 at 10:01am:
It always starts innocently enough, and soon, you are spending way too much time with cordage, clay, or staring at the ground looking for round rocks...

Welcome, good to have you!

TOMBELAINE wrote on May 2nd, 2023 at 11:00am:
Welcome.
Smiley

Rat Man wrote on May 2nd, 2023 at 12:02pm:
    Welcome from New Jersey.  Pinecones make great, safe beginner ammo.  Staff slings are a lot of fun to make and use.

Thank you for the welcome!  Grin

Once, Toivo and Eino were building a house, but as Toivo worked, he would occasionally throw a nail over his shoulder. When Eino asked why he was being so wasteful, he said, “The heads are on the wrong side!” Eino looked at him and said, “You dummy, those are for the other side of the house!”

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #5 - May 3rd, 2023 at 9:21pm

Welcome from Pennsylvania!

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #6 - May 7th, 2023 at 7:32pm

Welcome aboard

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Rat Man)