Send Topic Print
Greetings from spain! (Read 244 times)
Groc 13
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Greetings from spain!
Apr 27th, 2023 at 4:21pm

Hello everybody,

I'm from Valencia, Spain. So close to Ibiza, that on clear days I can see the island from my hometown!

I fell in love with slings arround 2019, with the pandemic. I was bored, as everyone was those days, and I remembered a sling a friend shown me some years before. He was very interested in history, and made one with "Espart" (I only know how to say it in valenciano). I decided to do one by myself with paracord, looked for the easiest tutorial on youtube, and had one. I spent a lot of time from the pandemic on the mountain, slinging.

Since then, i have been interested in slinging, made 7 more slings, with different methods, and have been practising.

I known this forum for years, but haven't decided to get into it until now. I'm amazed by the amount of information and experience kept in here, its pure gold. Despite slinging for 4 years, i'm pretty noob, and i hope to learn here about the different styles, and manage to get a consistent shot, with decent accurancy and speed. But I'm also interested in the creation of slings, and ammo, and the process of optimising both of them, and I'm pretty sure i can learn a lot about that in here. By the way, I will start by just trying to shot well  Grin.

I also find the physics of the sling very interesting. I have a lot of knowlege arround aerodynamics, so I hope to be able to contribute in that matter  Smiley.

To finish my introduction, i want to say, that I got a lot of inspiration from a youtube channel called Acroballistics. I know he is in this forum under other name, you guys will know better than me. I aim to achieve to shot in his style, with the same consistency. Also got amazed by the "engineerish" approach (Thats how I would call all his contraptions, methods to create consistent ammo, statistics...) he has on slings. I love his work on this. Nedless to say that there are a lot of youtubers are making an amazing job divulging about slings. So thanks to all of them.

So yeah, thats all, see you on the topics!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Greetings from spain!
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2023 at 9:12pm

Welcome from Pennsylvania, USA!  Great to have you here!

Also just to mention, here on the forum Acroballistics has the username Sarosh.  And I agree.  His videos are definitely some of the best out there.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2023 at 9:21pm

@Groc13 Come to Ibiza in October! You can meet all the YouTube stars! Mersa, Acroballistics, Practical Paracord, lol.

But seriously, come to Ibiza for the international competition! You are so close!

Welcome to the forum!

John R.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2023 at 12:55pm

Welcome aboard from New Jersey.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #4 - May 7th, 2023 at 7:29pm

Welcome aboard.

Hopefully I can get the funds together to make the trip again out to compete but coming from half way across the world is expensive

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Chris)