Send Topic Print
Greetings! (Read 336 times)
Clover
Novicius

Slings are best medieval
ranged weapon(probs)

Greetings!
Apr 10th, 2023 at 3:32am

I go by Clover on the internet, and I'm quite interesting in slings(if that wasn't obvious already)

I don't actually own a sling but I have a weird fascination for the weapon. I also do story writing and other related activities so I want to know more about slings to make my writing more accurate.

When I move locations I might end up making a sling(where I live currently definitely wouldn't allow for a sling) though that's for the future to tell.

As of now, I'm just here to absorb information about this fascinating weapon. I'm actually surprised at how active and widespread the community is and how I basically found it because of a 10-year-old youtube video.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Greetings!
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 8:43am

Hi, Clover;
    Welcome from New Jersey.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 9:25am

Welcome from Pennsylvania!

Clover wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 3:32am:
where I live currently definitely wouldn't allow for a sling

And just a note on this.  In the modern day, slings are often looked at as toys or tools for sport rather than weapons (I admit this certainly isn't everywhere).  A lot of modern day slingers go to parks, tennis courts, etc. and throw tennis balls with a sling when other weapons would not be allowed.

You will definitely know your own situation better than me.  Just wanted to mention that.

Glad to have you here!

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 4:22pm

You can also sling indoors! We had a member who lived in an apartment in (I believe) NY city. He made rubber-band balls to sling. See videos below.

Welcome!

https://youtu.be/TXbzqqEV-RE?t=129
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2MMWod2G0

John R.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini)