Send Topic Print
Grateful (Read 343 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Grateful
Mar 19th, 2023 at 2:24pm

What are you grateful for? I have too many things to list of all here. One of the biggest things for me is eating well.  There have been less than prosperous times in my life when I couldn't eat as I liked but I still ate.  I've never known real hunger.  In this world that's a very good thing.  These days I eat very well. I never take it for granted.
    Also, at the age of sixty eight I am thankful for every new day.  I'm at the age now where I know more dead people than live ones.  Many departed family and friends were considerably younger than me when they passed.  I eat very healthy, have given up all vices, and I exercise every day but there are no guarantees.  Every day is a gift. 
   What are you most grateful for?    
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2023 at 9:25am by Rat Man »  

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: Grateful
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2023 at 2:43pm

When sleeping outside, I am grateful for my bivy bag and sleeping bag and other gear, as it keeps the elements away
sleeping outside also makes me grateful for shelter inside buildings, and I am grateful I am not homeless.
Fasting makes me grateful for food.
And dont' forget good company.
We are to be satisfied with shelter, food and company.
But a man will not live off food alone.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Yfir
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Sydney
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2023 at 9:09pm

Being born in Australia as the son of immigrants, I'm grateful to have learned my language and kept my culture while growing up here, which is something 2nd generation immigrants all too often loose.

I'm also grateful for my upbringing. Raised by my mother who divorced when I was young, and her parents. I couldn't ask for better role-models.

And I'm grateful for my faith, to have been raised as a christian. I always try live my life to a good standard.

IP Logged

TOMBELAINE
Funditor

Slinging Rocks!

france
Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2023 at 12:15pm

I'm grateful to my wife for living with me all these years.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2023 at 8:49pm

My parents.  My dad has been so helpful during my ankle injury, with taking me to appointments and shopping.  I literally don't know how I would have done it without him.

The rest of my family and friends (and all you guys here are part of that second one Smiley).

My cat.  She drives me nuts sometimes, but I'm grateful she decided to move in.

And I'm grateful that I have a stable job that allows me the time and financial ability to explore my interests.  Slinging, brewing and mead making, swords, certain crafts, etc.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar)