Send Topic Print
Egg Challenge 2023 (Read 1744 times)
joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Egg Challenge 2023
Reply #15 - Mar 29th, 2023 at 2:40pm

Just as a heads up, Sylvain isn't on the forum.  I told him I could sign him up but he declined for the moment.  I'll keep on him until he says yes.  Wink

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #16 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 5:15pm

Here is my entry. Not very good as I didn't actually get it, but it was a fun challenge.

https://youtu.be/oyUUILLeY-0

John R.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #17 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 7:54pm

I like the idea a lot.  Good attempt man! Thumbs Up

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #18 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 8:01pm

Having to time your wind up to match the eggs' motion is one of the hardest parts of this challenge and something that I just wasn't working that hard to figure out. I'll have to come up with a better method next time. I knew that when they were out at the extreme position, that was the best time to release, as they would come back to the middle by the time the ball got to the eggs, but timing that was just too much to ask with a 3 spin wind up. Maybe something like greek style would be better suited. Also, maybe I'll put them closer together next time so the transit time between eggs doesn't matter as much and if the first egg deflects the ball a bit, it also won't matter as much.

I wanted to put more time into it, but just couldn't seem to get the free time I needed to give it a real good effort.

John R.

IP Logged

Blindsquirrel

Slinging rocks with bad
intent

Reply #19 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 10:57pm

« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2024 at 2:29am by Blindsquirrel »  

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #20 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 9:34am

IronGoober wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 8:01pm:
timing that was just too much to ask with a 3 spin wind up. Maybe something like greek style would be better suited.

Yeah, something without a rotor could make it easier.  Or don't have a set spin count.  I know for mine I get the rotor started and go into the actual throw when the time is right.  Whether it's 2, 3, or 5+ spins, I'll wait for the throw.

Good attempt Squirrel!  A pendulum is definitely a tough target.  And when the target point is as small as an egg, that steps up the difficulty that much more.  The pendulum is my favorite trick shot target by far though.  It's been awesome to see a couple others for this challenge!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Curious Aardvark, LightSlinger, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man)