Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Washington State - Just getting started. (Read 1197 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: Washington State - Just getting started.
Reply #15 - Feb 17th, 2023 at 1:49pm

I suppose I should explain that derailing conversations is an art form on here.
I was lying when I said I was sorry for doing it 🤣

I use a minimalist paracord-and-leather sling with an asymmetric pouch that is specifically designed for tennis balls.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

DK Dan
Novicius

Be better than yesterday's
you

Reply #16 - Feb 17th, 2023 at 7:20pm

Woah! that is a pretty slick sling! I dig the Aesthetic.  Shocked I feel like life is pretty asymmetrical.

Does the shape on that help with throwing tennis balls specifically? man, Now I want to play Tennis where you serve with a sling.

Ah, good to know that trains don't stay on the proverbial tracks around here. It's a good thing my brain works that way too! Cheesy

IP Logged

DK Dan
Novicius

Be better than yesterday's
you

Reply #17 - Feb 18th, 2023 at 11:22pm

I was able to make a functional tennis ball sling from paracord and straps of old t-shirt. It is a pretty rough looking sling, but it works! Me and my daughter sent balls sailing over the house with ease. Can't wait to try this out at an open field area.

Here are my photos. Original sling and tennis ball for size reference

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #18 - Feb 22nd, 2023 at 2:10am

DK Dan wrote on Feb 17th, 2023 at 7:20pm:
Woah! that is a pretty slick sling! I dig the Aesthetic.  Shocked I feel like life is pretty asymmetrical.

Does the shape on that help with throwing tennis balls specifically? man, Now I want to play Tennis where you serve with a sling.

Ah, good to know that trains don't stay on the proverbial tracks around here. It's a good thing my brain works that way too! Cheesy

It works fairly well with other ammo too.
For example, this guy uses it to great effect with golf balls:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoXSJJPDp5o/?igshid=MDM4ZDc5MmU=

Jagged rocks are not recommended, but smooth stones, balls, and even fruit all work just fine.

The idea behind the asymmetry is that the ammo stays securely in the pouch because of the pocket, but the flat side moves out of the way for a fast, clean release.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Masiakasaurus)