Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Proper blowgun technique - breathing etc - please help (Read 627 times)
MapleMatt666
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Proper blowgun technique - breathing etc - please help
Jan 31st, 2023 at 7:54am

Hi, I ordered a book blowgun technique, but meanwhile I need help with breathing technique, how to shoot, how to aim.... Simply basics, I know there are videos on YouTube, but I dont want to develope bad technique, so maybe You Can give me a links on what is worth watching. Thanks!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Proper blowgun technique - breathing etc - please help
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2023 at 3:46pm

I never shot a blowgun, so I can't really point you in the right direction.  There are a couple blowgun shooters who pop in here once in a while.  Maybe they'll be able to give you some good advise.

I can give you some general advise though.  I wouldn't worry too much about developing bad technique at the beginning.  For most things, the beginning is going to be bad technique no matter what you do.  The important thing is to be able to make adjustments when things aren't working well.  I think it would be worthwhile to check out a couple random videos on YT, give things a try, and see if certain techniques work for you.  In the world of primitive weapons, a lot of things are experimentation, self-learning, and rediscovery.

IP Logged

StaffSlinger

Slinging Rocks!

Florida
Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2023 at 10:46pm

You don't want a 'drawn-out' exhale - pppppppppp
A full lung 'dump' in a short sharp puff - huh!  Use your diaphram to 'spit' the breath up and out.

CUM FUNDA PROSCRIPTAE ERUNT TUM SOLI PROSCRIPTI FUNDA HABEBUNT &&
StaffSlinger  
IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #3 - May 26th, 2023 at 7:57am

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2023 at 12:45am

I have always enjoyed the method I learned  with the old jivaro blowguns and that is as has been a full burst or lung dump. But! One must continue to put air behind the dart until the dart leaves the barrel. Especially with the longer guns or you just don't get the full potential of the longer guns. Yes this does take practice and lung exercise. Definitely worth it.

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar)