Send Topic Print
Healing (Read 445 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Healing
Dec 1st, 2022 at 7:26am

My thoughts.  Sorry if this is weird.  Yes, I want slinging.org to continue.  This is like my internet home.  c_a's tragic passing has understandably taken the wind out of this operation.  For about fourteen years this was his baby.  He put his stamp on this site.  Some of us knew him better than others but we're all feeling this.  Suddenly sling innovations, slinging for distance, our personal problems, my stupid stories, timpa and Joe's wonderful videos, SITH, etc., etc., etc. all seem trivial.  Almost disrespectful in a way. 
    I am no stranger to death and that's how it is.  You pick up the pieces and stumble forward.  c_a of course will never be forgotten as long as any of us are alive.  But no matter how severe the tragedy eventually there is a new normal.  So now we carry on, working toward that new normal as best we can as c_a would have wanted.  We will maintain the integrity of slinging.org  in c_a's honor.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Healing
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2022 at 8:30am

Not weird at all Rat Man.  If fact, quite beautifully stated.

I agree.  This place just won't be the same without CA.  But I think it's important for it to keep going.  This forum seems to be an important spot for slingers all over the world.  Whether they just stop in for a quick hello, or hang around for 14 years, everyone has been to this forum at some point.

CA built a great thing.  It now falls to us to keep it going.

IP Logged

TOMBELAINE
Funditor

Slinging Rocks!

france
Re: Healing
Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2022 at 9:42am

Rat Man wrote on Dec 1st, 2022 at 7:26am:
We will maintain the integrity of slinging.org  in c_a's honor.

joe_meadmaker wrote on Dec 1st, 2022 at 8:30am:
CA built a great thing.  It now falls to us to keep it going.

I agree with you.

Members of slinging.org have participed in thesis work for students.
Jaeggor and Teg have worked about the oldest known historical sling in Europe.
CA and David Morningstar have participed for a reenactment about English hillfort.
We debated and concluded that Homer's sling was probably made with goat hairs.
Slinging.org is indispensable for the history of the sling.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar)