Send Topic Print
Winter storm (Read 263 times)
slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Winter storm
Nov 20th, 2022 at 6:50am

Those of you in the US have probably heard about the winter storm here in Buffalo, NY. It's been going for 3 days, and some areas have recieved about 80 inches of snow.
   What happens is as the storm passes over Lake Erie, it picks up moisture. When it hits land, it dumps it, especially in our hilly regions. Anyway, we're digging out. We're used to this. Next week the temps will rise into the 40's, and it will start melting.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Re: Winter storm
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2022 at 6:57am

NYS Thruway, which is closed

thruway.jpg (45 KB | 9 )
thruway.jpg

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2022 at 6:59am

general view of the storm

storm.jpg (46 KB | 12 )
storm.jpg

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Nov 21st, 2022 at 8:46am

Love snow.  I wish that would happen here in Jersey.

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2022 at 3:54pm

You're welcome to come up and take as much as you want. The final total was 81 inches

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini)