Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Really Horrible Movies (Read 1137 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Really Horrible Movies
Reply #15 - Oct 17th, 2022 at 8:12am

watched the latest thor film recently.
It's not exactly horrible.
But man is it 'bitty'.

It's quite clearly a 3 hour film that's been really badly edited down to 2 hours.

Similiar to the original 'Justice League' cinema release.
Never could stay awake through the whole film.
But just to see the difference I watched the zack snyder edit.
Didn't nod off even once.
Turned it into a really good film.
Quite weird just how different the two watching experiences were.

So I'm hoping the extended directors cut of thor love and thunder, will include all the stuff that was clearly left out of the cinema release.
Like: all the scenes of the gods being killed by the necro sword, the scene when jane becomes thor, more of the stuff with thor and the guardians of the galaxy.
It's like laminate with all the glue removed.
They need to put the glue back Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #16 - Oct 26th, 2022 at 12:21pm

The Fifth Wave with Chloe Grace Moretz.  It seemed like it might be a good movie and Chloe Grace Moretz can be a pretty good actress so I gave it a shot.  It actually started out fairly interesting but as it progressed the plot became a typical horseshit romantic Hollywood farce.  I stayed with it up until the point where the alien boy told Chloe that he didn't kill her because he had fallen in love with her.  What the hell was I watching?  I highly unrecommend this movie.  It's just good enough to suck you in initially but progressively becomes a total waste of time.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2304933/

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #17 - Oct 27th, 2022 at 1:14pm

Rat Man wrote on Oct 26th, 2022 at 12:21pm:
The Fifth Wave with Chloe Grace Moretz.  It seemed like it might be a good movie and Chloe Grace Moretz can be a pretty good actress so I gave it a shot.  It actually started out fairly interesting but as it progressed the plot became a typical horseshit romantic Hollywood farce.  I stayed with it up until the point where the alien boy told Chloe that he didn't kill her because he had fallen in love with her.  What the hell was I watching?  I highly unrecommend this movie.  It's just good enough to suck you in initially but progressively becomes a total waste of time.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2304933/

Oh yeah. 100% agree. Aliens who have mastered interstellar travel brought down by teenage puppy love. Never has ritual suicide looked so inviting.

You know what, I take that back. Has anyone here seen The Happening? Seriously, 10 minutes in and I start bursting out laughing. "Oh! This is satire! I didnt know M. Night Shamylan did satirical films!" Then 15 minutes in and it dawns on me it's meant to be serious. The world was a little darker...a little more cold during those two hours. I knew it would end. I mean it had to end eventually but at that moment I couldnt feel it. All was lost.

How in the hell did Mark Wahlberg go along with it? Hes usually a pretty decent actor.  Grin

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #18 - Oct 28th, 2022 at 7:07am

The last james bond film.

Just bloody awful
No gadgets, no real plot to speak of, no decent stunts and at least an hour too long.

I realise the next actor to play 'james' will most likely be a blind, one legged transgender  person of colour

But honestly, you can only go up from here.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #19 - Oct 29th, 2022 at 4:45pm

Halloween Ends

The latest movie in the new reboot/sequel series to halloween.
Me and my slasher movie fan friend have been watching them when they were released in theatres for the past 3 years. Hated every single one. And with the last one, he has finally agreed with me. Terrible, boring, weird movie.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus)