Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How slinging saved me from suicide again (Read 648 times)
czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

How slinging saved me from suicide again
Sep 4th, 2022 at 4:19pm

So over the last few months I fell into deep sadness. I hated everything in this world. I didn't have the motivation to do anything except for my part-time job. All the stuff that happened to me and my family over the last few years just came down on me and hit me like a train. I basically felt like losing all my hopes and dreams.
I realised my friends are not my friends and actually could be considered my enemies, as I came to understand the harsh reality of how my group of friends actually functioned. Not one of them even tried to contact me during the summer break. Noone had even the idea to check up on me. I became so lonely and with the memories of my lost loved ones fresh in my head I realised the harsh truth that nobody would miss me if I perished. My "friends" wouldn't even notice anything. Not even one of them remembered my birthday, but they sure did party the crappity smack out of birthday of everyone else in that group. But guess who was the only one never invited? I got all that info from my only remaining loyal friend(who does not have enough time for me though because he has lots of stuff going on in his life too right now)

And now the school started, there I discovered the reason this poopy is happening. One popular guy from that group started dating one girl in my class and she likes spreading rumours about me because she thinks that I am a wierdo because... well I don't know. So he chose her over me which means the whole group chose her over me.

I feel so alone. So hopeless, because there is nothing I can do. I lost almost everything that was significant to me emotionaly. I wanted to end it all.

My plan was to go to the near railway and put my head on the rail as the train was approaching, but I missed one train that I wanted to catch so i decided to wait an hour for another train. Now I was getting really bored and looked at the rocks in the rails....I reached into my pocket for a sling and for another hour I had an absolute blast slinging stones away at a treeline. That gave me the time for thinking. I decided that this is too much fun for me to do it just once for the last time.
And here I am, just living on my daily dose of slinging or shooting with airsoft guns in the woods in my full swiss gear. I still feel miserable, but at least I have those two things that were always there for me.

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Re: How slinging saved me from suicide again
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2022 at 5:34pm

Sorry to hear that. Keep it steady and focus on the small pleasures in life. School is a small world and full of idiots, there's a lot better out there.

What I can say from my personal experience is it seems once you have about 2 weeks of anything it's easy to forget that life can be any different, your thinking gets so one-track, but it easily can get better.

Also for godsake talk to someone, bring someone in the loop to even out your thinking. Don't get lost in the rabbit hole because nobody can make sense of that stuff from the inside and you will never have a clear picture.

Needless to say, don't crappity smacking check out. It might mean nothing now but 50 years later you can be looking back still terrified that you came so close but eternally grateful you went no further.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2022 at 5:49pm

I'm glad you had that sling with you.  Sounds like that friend of yours turned out to be not much of a friend.  I had a similar experience myself a while back.

And I'll basically add a +1 to the things JudoP said.  That last statement of his was put quite well.

Keep going sling brother.  One day at a time.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2022 at 5:50pm

You may not think anyone would miss you. But, my friend, I would miss you! I think about you a lot, actually.  I often wonder how you are doing after all that you've been through. I don't know what you are going through, but you have my sympathy.   It's awful you are having a rough time.  You are in my prayers.  It's hard to check in on people through this site alone, so I'm glad you posted.

I'm glad our favorite activity still brings you some joy despite all of your hardships. While I cannot compare my situation to yours, I felt pretty alone during the pandemic. Having slinging really kept me sane. Having all of my slinging friends cheering me on also kept me feeling ok about life.  One thing that helped me during that time was trying to do very challenging sling accuracy feats. I would then share them on here and everyone was amazingly supportive. It sure helped me through a time which was emotionally challenging in other ways. Both the challenge and the camaraderie.

So, next time you feel a little crappy, maybe record a slinging video and post it.  We'll cheer you on.  We all love your slinging videos. And we're all your friends here, we would miss you dearly.

Keep faith that things will get better. Maybe not soon, but they will.

And to second JudoP, talk to someone. Talking is how we sort things out. And talking is really the only way you can feel emotionally supported.  Sometimes writing down how you feel can also help, but it's no substitute for talking to someone.

John R.

IP Logged

MMF

Slinging Rocks

The United States of America
Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2022 at 11:52pm

I wish I could help carry your burdens. Unfortunately, life's not fair and some people have to bear with overwhelming hardships.

I don't know you at all but if I may say one thing: I'm confident that good times and bad times will continue to find their way into your life. My advice: don't try a permanent solution to a temporary problem. These crappy people in your life are temporary.

Lucky for you, there are plenty of high quality peeps in the slinging community Smiley We are happy to talk to you if it helps.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2022 at 7:38am

Communication doesn't have to be just through the site.

Though you can pm people.
Exchange emails, Skype accounts and whatever the latest social media thing is.

If you need to talk to someone.
I get very cheap international calls and will always call a fellow slinger.

Having spent a fair length of time a year or so back, feeling suicidal, something I never thought could happen to.me, I know where you're coming from.
In my case, it was my dogs who kept me here.
You can leave an explanation for humans, but my dogs would never have understood why I left them.
So I didn't.

You're not alone mate, we're an eclectic bunch, us slingers, but all life is here and there is always help for anyone who needs it.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2022 at 2:06pm

Thank you guys a lot for all the support! It means a lot in these hard times.

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #7 - Sep 5th, 2022 at 4:25pm

I never really had much friends. Did have some in primary school but I've always been somewhat of a hermit so lost all contacts. Then when you reach twenties
people marry and part ways. We simply aren't a tribal society anymore where you stay with a small group of people all your life. People come and go in our world.
I also had depression and suicidal thoughts as a teen when I went through dark and confusing times but its all behind me.

my rock is my faith in Christ and I never feel alone. You can always pray to God when you feel sad. He hears you. Soon you will no longer need school and you can truly live your own life and form your identity, and of you pursue your passion s you will meet like minded folk. Fair chance you'll meet a partner one day to share your life with. As you like military surplus and airsoft I recommend you to get into bushcraft / wilderness living skills / wildcamping. That really helped me. You can also meet fantastic people. You are still young,  give it time

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

TOMBELAINE
Funditor

Slinging Rocks!

france
Reply #8 - Sep 6th, 2022 at 4:42am

All members of this forum are welcome.
For some, the sling is a modern sport, for others like me, the sling is a part of the past of humanity. But for all, the sling is a part of our life.
Everyone brings their experience, their comments. Sometimes we disagree.
In short, we are all indispensable.

Otherwise, +1 to all previous comments.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #9 - Sep 6th, 2022 at 8:38am

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time.  Friends can be real assholes.  It's far better to have a very small handful of real friends than a hundred fake ones.  We're not flesh and blood friends but we're always here for you.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #10 - Sep 28th, 2022 at 7:41am

Hey buddy, what you are going through is very normal in many ways. People can be cruel but on the other hand you are learning to see deeper into people before they do this next time. Unfortunately its a painful process but a worthwhile one and one that will make you a better, stronger person.

Super helpful huh? Not really I know. But dont give up there's always hope. If you find yourself struggling more please feel free to DM me if you need someone to chat with or vent to. Im good for that at least lol. And Im serious, its not a bother. We all need to vent sometimes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, David Morningstar)