Send Topic Print
Drought (Read 327 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Drought
Aug 25th, 2022 at 1:03pm

It actually started late last Winter.  There wasn't near enough rain or snow.  It continued through Spring and Summer.  We've had a couple of rain storms but most were light and of no consequence.  Unfortunately I live on the shallow end of Lake Rene.  Everything you see below should be under a good bit of water.  I could do a rain dance to end the drought but those who have read my posts for a while know that I won't go there again... rain dances are dangerous stuff.  It rains all around us.  The South is getting flooded but there's no rain for Erial, New Jersey.

EDIT:   First relatively cool day I'll get out there, pick up that trash, and dig a canoe channel for when the water returns. 

DroughtLake.jpg (307 KB | 15 )
DroughtLake.jpg

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Drought
Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2022 at 8:50am

My lake looks worse than ever now but FINALLY today we're getting some real rain.  At least I got the trash picked up.  I'm on the east end of the lake and here the wind is almost always from the west so consequently we end up with the trash.   Fingers crossed that the rain is substantial.  Fortunately the west end of the lake is deeper so there has no big fish kill here.

drought.jpg (271 KB | 10 )
drought.jpg

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2022 at 11:07pm

Over here in western PA we've got the opposite.  We're not breaking any records for rain fall, and there have been some nice days sprinkled out over the summer, but in general it's been rain and humidity for most of it.

Ironically as I'm typing this I hear rain starting to fall, hitting against the window.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2022 at 2:48pm

All around us there's been rain.  The night before last we got two inches, which helps.  But my lakefront is still high and dry.  We need a lot more.  A tropical storm or three might put things right. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus)