Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Balearic Sling Federation (Read 458 times)
Albert Foner
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Palma
Balearic Sling Federation
Aug 24th, 2022 at 11:33am

Hi!

I’m Albert. The president of the balearic sling federation. It’s been a while since I don't pass by this awesome page. Sorry about that.

The reason of this topic it’s simple. I just want to answer any question or doubt you have about the federation and let you know ours situation.   

Pep its no longer the president. 2 years ago. He had and has discrepancies with the balearic administration and government. They put us on charge till we managed finally make elections. We did.

Now we have a very good team that are healing the federation. Building all the fallen bridges with the administration and old slinger that now are coming back. It’s been a long two years but I think we’re on the right track. Everybody look happy. 

We are not part of this world association. We are not part of this world competition. We will make ours some year, again. Hopefully soon. But now we need to do the things right. Step by step. Making stronger foundations is our concern right now.

We made a new website: www.tirdefona.es
Here you can find our competition rules, pictures, calendar, etc.

We still have our facebook and instagram accounts.

E-Mail: federaciotirdefona@gmail.com

Hope you understand.

Hope you’re all good.

Best regards.

Albert Comas Riutort

(Excuse my English)

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Balearic Sling Federation
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2022 at 2:43pm

I like the logo.

Thanks for dropping by and clarifying the situation.

I've spent  a lot of time on mallorca enjoying the hospitality and slinging.

It's sad that things had to split up.
Peps world federation is peps idea of a slinging organisation - so we;ll see how things work out.

But I'm confident that I can speak for most worldwide slingers, if there's an international event - no matter who's running it - people will come.

So when you're ready to hold an international tournament again - I'm pretty sure people will turn up.
Most of us really don't care about the bureacracy, we just like to sling and spend time with other slingers.

And your english is still way better than my spanish/catalan Smiley

All the best for the future
CA

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2022 at 3:33pm

Same. Shame about the politics, all I know is I turned up and enjoyed some good slinging a couple times and will keep doing so no matter who hosts!

IP Logged

hubert

Oschersleben
Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2022 at 3:39pm

Hello Albert, I agree with Alex. I hope you find your way back together somehow. Flying to the Balearic Islands several times a year exceeds my financial situation.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2022 at 1:48am by hubert »  

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2022 at 5:04pm

Cool website - the english option works well for me Smiley

Although I'd still be disqualified for my preferred throwing style Wink

Sounds like there's also going to be more slinging at 30 metres - which is really good.

Only ever done that in ibiza, never in mallorca. 

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Albert Foner
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Palma
Reply #5 - Aug 25th, 2022 at 8:18am

So happy to read about you guys. 

Yeah, I’m agree. It’s a pity to be confronted here. Gods know that I tried not to be in this situation but you know the behave of some people it’s not always like you expect. We will keep trying. It’s our job and dutty now.

About the throwing style there’s a lot of opinions. Every year the clubs from here will met to modificate the rules to improve it if it’s necessary. All opinions you have (style, meters, ammo, etc)  I can put them on the table and discuss. Then, depends on the clubs votes.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #6 - Aug 25th, 2022 at 10:46am

Can't say fairer than that Smiley

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #7 - Aug 26th, 2022 at 8:49am

One thing I've always felt the FBTF could do and doesn't currently do.
Have a number of competitions and demonstrations  throughout the year, that are specifically targeted at tourists and new slingers from the islands themselves.

Whenever we've done the sling demonstrations in Palma, we get a lot of interest from English and German tourists and for the most part it's us visiting slingers who end up showing and explaining the whole sling and slinging culture and competition rules.
Even many of the local Mallorcan residents have no idea how or where to see or take part in slinging.

It's also worth bearing in mind that not all tourists are there to drink themselves into oblivion every day Smiley

Setup some tennis ball target ranges on the beaches and you'd be surprised how many people would have a go (and buy a sling,).

Many tourists would happily make the effort to go and see a slinging competition.
And many would also buy a souvenir sling !
And any local food or drink that was also being sold.

There is a whole untapped market for sling sales to tourists, that I'm always amazed nobody on the islands does anything about.

Include a free tennis ball with each sling so they can go practice on the beach.

You would also be far more likely to get new club members from the people who live in the islands.

I'm sure the tourist office would be able to help.

It's just something I've always noticed when I've been there and never really understood why the competition's weren't advertised as tourist events.
Everyone would benefit.

I'm sure a lot of the problems with decreasing numbers of club members has a lot to do with the almost secret aspect of slinging on the islands.

People don't join clubs, in part, because they have no idea the club's even exist.

I've done a few sling teaching sessions in schools in Mallorca, and that's a great way recruit new slingers, so I hope you'll be keeping that side of things going.

But the big thing for me, would be to promote the sport to the tourists.
If just to sell souvenir slings.

But also so that they could go home and take up slinging in their own country.

The Balearic Islands has the potential to become a real centre of European slinging.

Anything I can do to help this happen, I will do.

IP Logged

Albert Foner
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Palma
Reply #8 - Aug 27th, 2022 at 11:35am

Definitely!

It will be a great promotion. We will discuss about it. The main problem, as always, is finfding the right person who wants be in that place. Actually we make some competition threw the sea. With a floating target. We need to do more stuff in that way. I agree.

We want the same. Thats why we made the website. At the end of the year we will have shooting range in Palma (at last!) There, we want to start the first sling school here for all those that don't have a place to practice or start slinging.

There’s a lot way to go and that’s exciting. We won’t stop till we go to the olimpics  Grin Grin Grin

Thx for the support, offering and of course your labor here with this awesome forum. Congrats.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Chris)