Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Howdy from Montana (Read 359 times)
MrMoleCrab
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Howdy from Montana
Jul 18th, 2022 at 1:25am

Joe meadmaker suggested I post on the intro board so here I am. I’ve been slinging just for a year or 2, I’m not sure why I bought my first sling but brought it on a camping trip and got hooked.

I sling tennis balls for my dogs and also sling along rivers and lakes here in Montana, lots of ammo lying around!

I’ve recently tried my hand at making my own, I had an elk hide processed into leather and I’ve made a couple slings with it using curious aardvarks pattern which I think is pretty tip top.

The elk hide slings I’ve made I’ve used sisal for cordage, I think I’ll try hemp next just to see how the action differs if at all. Pic of my elk hide sling is attached.

Throwing wise I’m working on flattening my trajectory and getting more accurate. It’s fun to just chuck rocks far but I really want to get more accurate.

That’s about it! Fun forum, I’ve learned a lot by lurking and searching but it’ll be fun to participate a little bit with the community.

« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2022 at 1:29pm by Rat Man »  

Sling_003.jpg (200 KB | 20 )
Sling_003.jpg

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Howdy from Montana
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2022 at 10:45am

Nice to meet you, MMC.  Welcome.  Nice sling!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2022 at 12:01pm

Cheers man!  Thumbs Up

Welcome from Pennsylvania!

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #3 - Jul 19th, 2022 at 4:48pm

What's your favorite spot to sling?

I have several collections of spots in different states. They range from parks (tennis balls) to rivers (distance), to roads and railroads (lots of accuracy practice)

John R.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini)