Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
International slinging event Ibiza 2022 (Read 130 times)
Curious Aardvark
Slinging.org Administrator

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
International slinging event Ibiza 2022
Jul 14th, 2022 at 9:07am

Just got email from pep.

October 13th-16th. Thursday to sunday
So aim to arrive on 12th and leave 17th
so arrive on the wednesday (the worst day of the week for direct flights to ibiza from the uk) and fly back on the monday - which is usually not a problem.

As with last years, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Balearic slinging federation and is put on purely by pep and his world slinging federation (or whaterver he's calling it this year).

Ibiza's a fantastic island and the events are always an amazing experience.

So put politics to one side and try and go.

I have no idea what my finances will be like in october - they suck at the moment.
So no clue if I'll be able to make it or not. Sad

Flights looking around 260 with hold luggage.
But I'd have to fly out on the 13th and no midweek flights (tuesday and wednesday.

I'll have a word with pep and see if he could move it a day - flying on thursday to monday would probably be a lot easier for most people.
You could still fit in 6 competitions around the compulsory 4 hour lunch break ! Wink

ibiza2022_001.JPG (47 KB | 7 )
ibiza2022_001.JPG

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: International slinging event Ibiza 2022
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2022 at 9:37pm

Once again I won't be able to make it. I have too many things going on this year already. Maybe next year I'll get the priority on this trip bumped up and put more focus toward it. I would so love to experience it one day.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Slinging.org Administrator

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2022 at 8:32am

So anyone got an idea who's going from Canada ?

It's a helluva trip from the us.
And unless you've got actual spare money, you really need to make it part of a longer overall trip.

It's a long flight and I always feel like crap after a long international flight.

I suspect marijuana probably helps, as the Guam guys just don't seem to get jet lag.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

funditor
Descens

Ceteram censeo, rem funditam
esse

Vienna, Austria
Reply #3 - Yesterday at 4:55pm

Last year it was called Thursday to Sunday as well, but nothing happened on Thursday. On Friday there was a minor event, main stuff was going on Saturday and Su day, when people from the other islands co.e. So maybe I will fly Thursday to Monday this year...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, LightSlinger, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini)