Send Topic Print
2022 Hurricane Season (Read 613 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
2022 Hurricane Season
Jun 5th, 2022 at 2:49pm

The NOAA is predicting a very active Atlantic hurricane season this year.  The two main factors are a strong La Nina and something called the Loop Current.  The Loop Current is something that stirs up warm water in the Gulf of Mexico making development of any tropical system that ventures into the Gulf likely.
     This should be interesting.

https://www.13wmaz.com/article/weather/hurricane/2022-atlantic-hurricane-season-...

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: 2022 Hurricane Season
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2022 at 12:49am

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #2 - Aug 11th, 2022 at 11:46am

The Weather Bureau is still sticking to their prediction that this will be a busy season.  Yawn........

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2022 at 3:18pm

When I was a kid weather prediction was very dicey.  It has evolved greatly since then of course.  But last Winter they predicted an unprecedented amount of snow for the Northeast.  Nothing like that happened.  There was almost no snow at all.   They also predicted and extremely active hurricane season this year.   They completely missed the boat on that one too.  Long range weather prediction is still not an exact science.
    That said, it only takes one bad hurricane to make a season memorable.  People in Florida will never forget Ian.  It is the fifth strongest hurricane to ever hit the United States.  They're still tallying up the damage and Ian isn't done yet. 
    I should be getting whatever is left of him here in New Jersey this weekend.  We are still having a terrible drought here so as long as Ian doesn't drop any tornadoes on us or flood us out this might be a good thing for New Jersey.

Edit:  I'm getting the remains of Ian now.  It is very underwhelming.  That would seem to be a good thing but we really need rain. 

Edit:  It's October the 2nd and we're still getting the dregs of Ian.  Today it's raining like hell all day, thank God.

Edit:  Though Ian was hell for many people it was a blessing here.  Over five days it dropped seven inches of much needed rain on us.  My lake is close to its normal level for this time of year.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2022 at 9:59am by Rat Man »  

IP Logged

Burner
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take me out to the ball
game........

Northeast Florida
Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2022 at 5:45pm

We had some good winds in JAX but not to much rain for Ian. Earl sent us some sick barrels though. Hope Jersey faired okay 👍 👌🏿

Cleveland Rocks!

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #5 - Nov 11th, 2022 at 4:24pm

Today we're getting the remains of Hurricane Nicole here in New Jersey.  It's bringing some very needed rain to the area.  My end of the lake is half dry.

Nicole.jpg (306 KB | 10 )
Nicole.jpg

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #6 - Nov 11th, 2022 at 5:34pm

I'm sitting on my porch right now having a cigar and a beer, and listening to the rain hitting the roof. Been going all day.

This might mess up slinging plans for this weekend.  Sad
I'll have to see how saturated the yard is tomorrow.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Chris, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus)