Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
looking for shepherd sling review (Read 1601 times)
Wesleyslingrocks.
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

looking for shepherd sling review
Mar 15th, 2022 at 5:19am

Hi everyone, I'm a US shepherd sling seller. For now I'm looking for someone who located in US and can review my product. It's free, but I need a review. If you are interested, please email me: techvesseluk@gmail.com it's a paracord sling with big leather pouch. Thanks in advance
It looks like this

front_001.jpg (1265 KB | 77 )
front_001.jpg

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: looking for shepherd sling review
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2022 at 10:13pm

Welcome to the forum!

The sling looks really nice.  The stitching is a great addition!  A pretty common, but very versatile pouch.  I've used that same design quite a bit.  On the forum here it's usually called a 'butterfly' pouch, or I've referred to them as an 'H' pouch.

What kind of review are you looking for?  Just a simple product review, or something a little more substantial?

IP Logged

Wesleyslingrocks.
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2022 at 12:09pm

thanks for your reply:) Just a simple product review would be great. To be honest, recently someone leave a 1 star review for us on amazon, we feel very sad and want hear some voice from others. We made slightly change like add stitching on pouch and offer longer slings (hope my customer can adjust the length accordingly), but I guess that's why we got bad feedback. knots weren’t tied tight enough in case people need to adjust the length.
One advantage could be an inconvience at the same time, so I need more review from different angle to offer opinion.

IP Logged

StaffSlinger

Slinging Rocks!

Florida
Reply #3 - Mar 17th, 2022 at 4:41pm

Sent you an email with my contact information.

CUM FUNDA PROSCRIPTAE ERUNT TUM SOLI PROSCRIPTI FUNDA HABEBUNT &&
StaffSlinger  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Mar 21st, 2022 at 12:59pm

how much are you selling them for ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Wesleyslingrocks.
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2022 at 11:26pm

For now it's free if you are willing to help us review it. If not, it's $12.99 on US amazon Smiley

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #6 - Mar 23rd, 2022 at 7:32am

I'm happy to do a review, but I'll tell you now I'm not a fan of that single loop attachment method.

Just gives the pouch a little too much movement for my liking

Plus it's a lot less secure than a double strand loop attachment.

It looks like decent leather though Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Hirtius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #7 - Mar 24th, 2022 at 10:38pm

How big is the pouch (how long is it)? How long is the sling (from retention loop to where the cord meets the pouch)? What does the end of the release cord look like?

As CA already said, how it’s tied on looks precarious. Unfortunately I don’t have any experience with that pouch design, so I can’t comment there.

The pouch looks really nice and some might say that it looks too nice for the paracord, but personally I think being able to cheaply change out cords is a plus.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2022 at 11:53am

I received one of these (and actually bought the other sling they sell) so I can add a few comments.

The pouch is about 6 inches long from end to end.  The paracord that's included is very long.  I ended up cutting quite a bit off of each one.  I took one sling down to 27 inches and the other down to 29 inches.

All knots were just a regular slip knot, so I retied all of them.  Which was no big deal since I was cutting the cord shorter anyway.  And I actually liked them being a basic slip knot.  Very easy to untie.

My review of the sling is posted on Amazon.  You can see it here: https://www.amazon.com/Parallel-Halo-Shepherd-Handmade-Paracord/dp/B09NL54P6X.

@Wesleyslingrocks - If you don't want the Amazon link posted in this thread, just let me know and I'll remove it.

IP Logged

Wesleyslingrocks.
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #9 - Mar 27th, 2022 at 8:49am

@Curious Aardvark- I'm happy you are willing to review it:) Thanks CA. I also found your location is England, currently we don't sell it in amazon.co.uk, and I'm not sure the shipping cost send from US. So I might not able to send it now, sorry for that. I'll try to start a shopify store in future, then I can deliever it worldwide.  Also thanks for your advise about loop attachment method, we'll using some other method in our heavyduty type. For this one my main target was design a big pouch for throwing tennis ball.

@Hirtius - The paracord is about 47 inches long in each side, I hope people can adjust it according to their needs so knots were simply slip knot. At first I'm trying to using some survival type paracord, contains fish line, polyester fire cord. I think it could make this sling really usefull even in emergency situation. But turns out you can hardly swing it, feels like using electric wire. So now we using this normal paracord, which contains 7 strand. I believe the pouch can be easily change out cord. We have a plan that design some universal pouch, made by leather or cloth. Normaly you can carry it in your pocket or wear it as a bracelet in your wrist, once you need it, you can attach it to any available cord. Like a EDC product.

@  joe_meadmake-  Thanks for sharing your experence, it was helpful and provide more details for our customer:) I might need to update our lishting description to offer more info.

IP Logged

StaffSlinger

Slinging Rocks!

Florida
Reply #10 - Mar 27th, 2022 at 7:56pm

Reviewed just now.   Honestly I think this is a good value for the money.  Sure you can make fancy braided cords, and special cord attachment loops, but this is a good basic sling.  Maybe not the choice for a hotshot braid-master -- but a good sling at a good price to see if you really want to take up this wacky sport.

CUM FUNDA PROSCRIPTAE ERUNT TUM SOLI PROSCRIPTI FUNDA HABEBUNT &&
StaffSlinger  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Chris, Curious Aardvark)