Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Aerial targets (Read 1876 times)
Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Aerial targets
Reply #15 - Feb 28th, 2022 at 1:31pm

what are you trying to do here  stop it.  If you're not on this forum, that's certainly not my fault.  many here are also on other forums.  maybe you should listen less to others.  I clearly decided against Ibiza and clearly stated why.  you and others here didn't even understand half of it.  But that's your thing not mine  I address what I think is wrong.  and I speak to what I think is good.  I hate it when people say they kill animals with the sling.  my opinion on this will not change.  and I will say that again and again.  I just hate it when the Sling is historically misrepresented.  just so that your own style is better explained.  I don't need this forum to sling.  it makes me neither better nor worse.  you call it a challenge.  maybe we have different definitions of challenge.  if i see something i think is wrong, i will name it.  do you think that's rude?  then the problem is with you.  Not with me.  did you understand that now?  you want tips on how to use the sling better.  or how to make a sling.  Ask and you will get an answer.  I've never done it any other way here.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #16 - Feb 28th, 2022 at 3:03pm

I was able to do some more slinging at a target using a similar style to the aerial target video.  I crunched the numbers and the estimate I got for the first hit was somewhere between 5 and 6 meters.  For the second can with a lower trajectory, I calculated around 6 meters or maybe a bit more.

There are a few things to keep in mind.  This was all based on my ability to duplicate the throw speed (which I didn't do exactly), calculate speed based on frame count (which could be off if the distance wasn't perfect), and allow for all the times I said 'It's close enough' when measuring, etc.  So these calculated estimates could be a little bit off.  But in general I think they're pretty fair.

I would have thrown the cans farther if I could.  But they were only around 110 grams.  Which it pretty light weight for something of that size, and they just don't fly very far.  I was throwing them as far as I could while still leaving myself in a position to sling at them.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #17 - Feb 28th, 2022 at 5:48pm

Joe youre an absolute saint in my mind. My goodness can we not just enjoy what we enjoy? Sheesh. Sometimes a sling is just a sling and a video is just for fun. It doesnt have to be anything more than that. I love all the videos you guys make. It reminds me of the absolute love I have for slinging. No competition, no ego, just me and a piece of string and leather. And that sling has brought me more enjoyment over the years than almost anything else.

Phew. Ok. Im good.

Sorry Joe. Its just watching you having to explain yourself for making a video got me a bit worked up. It was a great video, as always. Im a huge fan my man. Keep it up.  Wink

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #18 - Feb 28th, 2022 at 6:54pm

why does he have to explain himself?  and who started poopy with the competition?  let's just explain everything with fun.  naturally.  it's just a hobby.  five minutes later and two forums further you are the Endzeit Profi Slinger with a no budget sling that you sell for 80 euros.  but hey  it's just a joke
Grin Grin Grin Cool Cool Cool Grin Grin Grin

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

TOMBELAINE
Funditor

Slinging Rocks!

france
Reply #19 - Mar 1st, 2022 at 4:35am

On this forum, there are two populations.
1) A more historical and traditional approach.
2) A more modern and "youtube" and dynemaa and... approach for a new sport.

Joe meadmaker and Jaegoor are good persons and I like them. And others also  ...

But since the violent criticism by some members about a reverse grip inspired by the size of a Spanish historical leather sling, I prefer not to express myself.

Is it still express oneself on this forum ?

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #20 - Mar 1st, 2022 at 8:33am

Hi TOMBELAINE.  I did notice that you haven't posted for a while.  I miss your insight and interesting thoughts on different topics.

To answer your question, yes, I think everyone should feel free to express themselves here.  And that includes Jaegoor and the comments he made.  (On a side note, Jaegoor and I had an exchange of a private message.  There is no animosity between us.  At least not from my side.  I don't think from his either.)

But I think there are a couple reasons why his first post in this thread got the pushback that it did.  The first sentence is just mockery of another slinger.  I do have to rely on Google translate so it might not be exactly correct, but there were terms like 'nonsense' and 'joke' coming back from Google.  Jaegoor is absolutely free to have his own opinions, but I'm not sure what purpose this serves.  I think for a lot of the people here, a comment like that just goes against the idea of all of us supporting each other.

And the second issue with his comment is there were statements which were just false.  He stated that the target was right in front of my nose, and only a sling length away.  I think it's pretty obvious from the video that those assessments are not accurate, and I did what I could to approximate the distance.  That estimated distance was 5 - 6 meters.  While this distance might not be a challenge for Jaegoor, that hit was definitely not a certainty for me.  Not with a target of that size flying through the air.  I think I was slinging well that day and was able to get a couple hits.

So ultimately, should Jaegoor (or anyone else for that matter) be allowed to post his thoughts openly?  Yes, I completely agree with that.  And if something is posted that others don't agree, should they feel free to push back?  Yes, I completely agree with that too.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #21 - Mar 2nd, 2022 at 11:57am

This topic reminds me of something that Paleo Arts brought up a long time ago. He talked about how he would throw an atlatl dart in the air that had a whirly gig type helicopter on it. The helicopter would then slowly float down and the others in the group would all take shots to see who hit it first.

This would be a fun game assuming you have a few people around that sling.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #22 - Mar 2nd, 2022 at 12:11pm

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #23 - Mar 2nd, 2022 at 10:23pm

That would be so much fun.  Smiley

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #24 - Mar 3rd, 2022 at 4:17am

I did this with a parachute. It works. But the parachute is destroyed with each hit. Cry

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #25 - Mar 4th, 2022 at 4:15pm

Grin Grin Grin es ist immer schön zu wenn man kopiert wird. Bevor ich es hier erwähnte kam niemand auf die Idee auf Papierflieger zu schießen. Schön das es versucht wird. Aber es spricht für eine miesen Charakter wenn man es für  seine eigene Idee ausgibt. Leider hat er allerdings die Bedingung nicht gelesen. Abstand war Zehn Meter. Leider wurde auch der Sinn  hinter dieser Regel ganz offensichtlich nicht verstanden.
Aus diesem Grund mache ich mich lustig.
Das wurde bisher ganz offensichtlich nicht verstanden. Aber es ist ja alles Spass.
Wenn man etwas tut, sollte man es richtig machen und sich nicht für schlechte Imitationen feiern lassen. Ist das zuviel verlangt? Ich denke nicht.
Wollte ich nur Mal so erwähnt wissen. Tongue Tongue Tongue Roll Eyes

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #26 - Mar 4th, 2022 at 4:50pm

Wow!  If that was an independent idea, that's one heck of a coincidence.

I agree with you.  If the idea came from your post, credit should have been given.  It is a great idea.  I'll be trying it as soon as I can.  My yard is still too wet and muddy from all the melted snow.

IP Logged

timpa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Stones in the horizon

Finland
Reply #27 - Mar 4th, 2022 at 4:52pm

In 2016, I fought paper planes with a knife. It was a lot of fun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agTG71731Pc

JOE: I did the same as you (for the milk cans.) It was fun too. Cheesy
You can do whatever you want. Whatever you want.

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #28 - Mar 4th, 2022 at 5:20pm

americans stealing german tech. classic lol

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #29 - Mar 4th, 2022 at 5:33pm

correct.  do what you enjoy.  copy what you think is good.  sell it as your own idea.  but the copy of a copy of a copy of a copy is seldom good.  unless you fulfill it with your ability.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Chris)