Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New slinger from St. Louis, MO (Read 784 times)
JazzCat
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

MO
New slinger from St. Louis, MO
Feb 16th, 2022 at 8:30pm

Hey all, good to be here!

I got into slinging in December 2021 and was hooked immediately. It started with making a staff sling for my friend to play fetch with his new dog; after realizing how much fun it was I made one for myself too... and then an Aussie seatbelt sling, and then a butterfly pouch sling, and then a TS3 sling!

This forum is undoubtedly the biggest contributor to my interest; I find new inspiration here every day. I hope to continue to learn and practice more, and give back to the community if I come up with anything. I'm currently fiddling with a Y-pouch staff sling using a steel O-ring as a release loop to reduce friction and improve launch consistency. It often swings down into my knuckles after firing, but a captive release system should fix that.

Happy slinging Smiley
- JazzCat

Projectiles lost so far: 10

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: New slinger from St. Louis, MO
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2022 at 9:55pm

Welcome from Pennsylvania!

Sounds like you've got quite a bit of experience packed into a couple months. Thumbs Up

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #2 - Feb 17th, 2022 at 4:42am

Welcome from down under

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

StaffSlinger

Slinging Rocks!

Florida
Howdy...
Reply #3 - Feb 17th, 2022 at 7:19pm

...from Fort Myers, Florida, on the edge of the Everglades

CUM FUNDA PROSCRIPTAE ERUNT TUM SOLI PROSCRIPTI FUNDA HABEBUNT &&
StaffSlinger  
IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #4 - Feb 19th, 2022 at 5:48pm

Welcome from South Jersey!

IP Logged

IcedFlame
Descens

Victory through discipline

MN
Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 7:18pm

Welcome from Minnesota!

If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle
           - Sun Tzu

Happy Slinging, and God bless my friend.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #6 - Mar 14th, 2022 at 12:34pm

Howdy from Texas!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Gyro de Pyro
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Western Australia
Re: New slinger from Albany, Western Australia
Reply #7 - Mar 16th, 2022 at 4:16am

Thanks for the add! I have David Morningstar to thank for my interest become obsession due to his videos ‘How to make and use the staff sling (fustibalus)’, and then ‘How to sling like a Balearic slinger.’
There are many other instructional videos, but you Sir, you teach like my long ago professional fire arms instructors, to the point that your instruction accompanies all the slings I have made and given away to all my friends - birthdays, or even just because. Thank you.
On the other hand, my wife is not as impressed with you as I once again interrupt a walk to either pick up a nice hefty boondy or sling the same far into Princess Royal Harbour for that entirely satisfying big ‘sploosh’. All the best.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #8 - Mar 18th, 2022 at 9:36am

Lol yeah David's been making slinging videos for well over a decade.
I'm even in some of them or at the other end with the camera.

He's got really good at it Thumbs Up

The how to sling Balearic is still the funniest  video I've ever seen, as well as being one of the best instructional videos out there Smiley

Definitely a good place to start your new obsession. Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Chris)