Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Gotta Wonder Where This Ends (Read 6547 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Gotta Wonder Where This Ends
Reply #75 - Mar 2nd, 2022 at 11:54am

Anyone taking bets on the apocalypse?

Ive said it before but if given a choice I would choose zombies but its looking like nuclear war is more likely.

IP Logged

Hirtius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #76 - Mar 2nd, 2022 at 10:33pm

Damn, I was really hoping for the zombies. I’d get to use a sling against them, miss, and be thankful that no one was alive to see that.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #77 - Mar 3rd, 2022 at 7:55am

The best hope for this to not end in a worldwide catastrophe is as c_a suggests.  Someone has to take out Putin.  My best guess for that happening would be that a Russian army general stages a coup. Otherwise this will get much worse before it gets better.

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #78 - Mar 3rd, 2022 at 2:10pm

such an action would be more likely to result in a bad outcome than doing nothing.

Who would be blamed? I'm not even asking who would do it, or if they could, I'm asking how you think a nation would respond to an endorsed assassination/removal of the accepted head of government. I think there's a foolish feeling in the air that "oh the russian people will be so glad that they'll order a retreat and everyone will be happy". When in reality an underling grabbing power and reacting quickly is on the table. Stalin replaced Lenin. Even if it wasn't a western agency, the west cheering for it would make any element that tried suspect for being bought and owned by the west.

It's tempting to say "bad man goes away situation gets better" but humans don't work like that in my reading of history.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #79 - Mar 3rd, 2022 at 2:41pm

Yes, I know you're probably right.  It's a long shot at best.

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #80 - Mar 3rd, 2022 at 3:14pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APPjVlUA-gs
I recommend listening to his talk

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Hirtius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #81 - Mar 4th, 2022 at 12:55am

AncientCraftwork wrote on Mar 3rd, 2022 at 3:14pm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APPjVlUA-gs
I recommend listening to his talk

More than 20 minutes in and I regret taking the time to do so. No good or real cassus belli in all that time, and around the 19 minute mark starts spewing garbage about how they’re russiaphobic and neo-nazis (and we all thought lefties overused the term), and how they have no history of running a state (it sounds like to me “shouldn’t have one”) and that their state didn’t take into account their culture (?). I am ignorant of the whole Soviet assets thing, but attacking a country and wrecking it seems like a poor method of debt collection.

Is there any sort of legitimate reason later in the speech? Is it not just ambition and a callous disregard for the will of the Ukrainian people?

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #82 - Mar 6th, 2022 at 4:06am

Curious coincidence?

28 July 1914 (start WW I)
28 + 7 + 19 + 14 = 68

1 September 1939 (start WW II)
1 + 9 + 19 + 39 = 68

24 February 2022 (start WW III?)
24 + 2 + 20 + 22 = 68

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #83 - Mar 7th, 2022 at 8:31am

Putin's back is too the wall.  He has no choice but to follow this through or lose face.  Dictators who lose face quickly lose power. Almost always.  As long as there's Putin this won't end well.

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #84 - Mar 9th, 2022 at 3:51pm

Current gas price here is $10,5 / US gallon for petrol (I converted it)

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #85 - Mar 14th, 2022 at 7:59am

We've got the war in the Ukraine in which China is about to start supplying Russia with equipment and Russia is on the verge of attacking NATO convoys, it's only a matter of time before China invades Tiawan, North Korea is testing more missiles, and this;
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/iran-says-it-won-t-tolerate-threats-emanati...
   Some feel that WWIII has already started.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #86 - Mar 14th, 2022 at 9:48am

Yep. As I said earlier in this thread its going to get real when America gets attacked. This isnt WW2. Oceans dont offer any protection against attack anymore. Im not trying to bring people down but now might be a good time to get your food storage up to date and of course plenty of bullets.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #87 - Mar 14th, 2022 at 12:29pm

Morphy wrote on Mar 2nd, 2022 at 11:54am:

My money is on peace and security.  That’s all any politicians can talk about, so I’m pretty sure they’ll find a way to doom us all with that somehow… perhaps a slow, painful death by paternalistic lecturing.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #88 - Mar 15th, 2022 at 10:49am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Mar 14th, 2022 at 12:29pm:
Morphy wrote on Mar 2nd, 2022 at 11:54am:

My money is on peace and security.  That’s all any politicians can talk about, so I’m pretty sure they’ll find a way to doom us all with that somehow… perhaps a slow, painful death by paternalistic lecturing.

That is a fate worse than death.  Grin

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #89 - Mar 15th, 2022 at 11:39am

Morphy wrote on Mar 14th, 2022 at 9:48am:
Yep. As I said earlier in this thread its going to get real when America gets attacked. This isnt WW2. Oceans dont offer any protection against attack anymore. Im not trying to bring people down but now might be a good time to get your food storage up to date and of course plenty of bullets.

Already done.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Chris)