Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Slinging Power Competition idea and target concept (Read 1986 times)
Sling Moustachio
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Western WA, U.S.
Re: Slinging Power Competition idea and target concept
Reply #15 - Jan 12th, 2022 at 9:20pm

Okay, so I sat down this evening and drew up another, smaller idea.  This one has an 8" disc and is about 24" tall to the top of the shaft.  I got permission today to pick through some of the material at work, and I'll be ordering some laser cut plates. 

This design has a counterweight that balances the rotating assembly, so it will be harder to get it moving because of the extra mass but it should stay rotating longer because the mass is concentric to the axis.  With the crosshairs cutouts in the target plate, it should help reduce air drag a little.  This whole design is steel, with a three-pronged spiked stand that is driven into the ground to anchor it.

rev_2_rendering.JPG (1415 KB | 53 )
rev_2_rendering.JPG

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #16 - Jan 12th, 2022 at 9:33pm

Looks awesome. Man I wish I had access to all the stuff your showing off.
Could make some awesome targets

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #17 - Jan 15th, 2022 at 10:28pm

Cool idea.  Friction is always going to be a challenge on a rig like this, but if you design in bearings and a separate braking mechanism you’ll get more consistent results… that may be splitting hairs too early though.  The best thing to do is build it, try it, learn from it, and then build it again based on lessons learned.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, LightSlinger, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Chris)