Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bushcraft fire tinder trick and dental care (Read 399 times)
AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Bushcraft fire tinder trick and dental care
Jan 8th, 2022 at 2:32pm

I got a fire trick that I have not seen mentioned anywhere else. It allows one to make fine tinder that is ignitable with magnifying glass or ferro rod. It also helps getting rid of teeth plaque exceptionally well. When I have eaten a meal or a snack,  I always chew on small fresh tree twigs to clean the debris from my mouth. This has become a standard habit of mine for over a year now, because it cleans the mouth so well. Willow, oak, birch, beech, spruce etc etc. They all have their unique taste and dental care properties.
After chewing on them, I get a fine ball of fibrous pulp in my mount. Instead of spitting it out I collect it in one of my pockets.
It keeps accumulating as I chew on more twigs throughout the day and drying out from the body heat. When this pulp has dried , usually in 12-24 hours, it makes excellent fine tinder.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Bushcraft fire tinder trick and dental care
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2022 at 8:42am

Good to know.

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: Bushcraft fire tinder trick and dental care
Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2022 at 11:10am

I had a lot of black spots on my teeth. I started chewing on fresh twigs, like they did in the past and still do in ''poorer'' countries for dental hygience - it actually is a genius way to clean teeth, because the fibres get into every crook and cranny between all teeth. That's where all the food debris like to sit. Likewise, that's where the fibres from my brush sticks like to sit as well, so the fibres  push out any remaining food from those spots. It's also abrasive, so it has gotten rid of almost all the black spots. A rinse with water after spitting out the pulp gets rid of all the woody fibrous. Afterwards my mouth feels very clean. I have been toothpaste free for over a year now. Simply chewing on sticks after eating any foods that are bad for teeth is doing wonders in preserving my teeth. I discovered by accident by  rediscovering old pulp that dried out in me pockets , the potential of the byproduct as a fire tinder.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner)