A new year (Read 456 times)
perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

A new year
Jan 1st, 2022 at 9:20am

Happy new year all.

Let's make it a better one.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: A new year
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2022 at 10:19am

Indeed. Wishing you all the best.

Any resolutions PS?

Mine is to eat better and to actually make a fairly fancy sling. We shall see.  Wink

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2022 at 11:06am

Last year's didn't go so well. We'll try again anyway. Now that my youngest is old enough to be entertained I've been starting to get exercise back into my life. That's the big one. Strength, cardio, and stretching/yoga 2x a week each. Is my main goal. Next is cultivating more patience. I feel utterly tapped out on that. It's been a long couple of years.

I'm also writing out projects that I need to do. My biggest thing I'm chewing on is looking back over the last two years and asking "was I reasonable?" at each stage. Were my actions reasonable? Did I know what a reasonable man knew? How could I have borne it better?

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Jan 1st, 2022 at 2:02pm

Happy New Year!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Jan 3rd, 2022 at 11:48am

Well I'm sticking with the same resolution as last year.

Accomplish at leasts one non-essential thing a day.

getting out of bed does not count.
essential things are stuff like: breathing, eating, basically staying alive.

I don't think I managed it every day last year - but I definitely did a lot better than the year before. Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner)