Reply #30 - Jan 6th, 2022 at 4:57pm

I wanna get a metal rabbit target just for practice

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

SerKraus

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Balearic "Bulleseye"?
Reply #31 - Jan 6th, 2022 at 9:59pm

Yeah it's smart to practice at different angles. Funnily enough, whenever I sling at palm trees I never miss the center.

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #32 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 1:43am

To be fair to AA, I actually like the general concept. I think  having only 2 areas for scoring is kind of silly, but we'd have to have a lot of competitions of that style to work out what scoring system works the best.  Something closer to archer would make more sense to me.( With fewer graduations)

I do think Mersa''s point about not scaring off the beginners is relevant. Something where the really skilled slingers can just run away with the competition by racking up points is likely to do that.

But I also think that AAs point about there being a need for a higher level of competition available is also relevant. Maybe the slinging community isn't quite there yet, though.

And I think Jaegoor's point about a bullseye being a bullseye is correct, but a bullseye that is larger than an animal's head doesn't really seem like much of a bullseye. I would love to see us get to the point where a standard Diana(bullseye) is smaller than 50cm, but I think we aren't there yet.

I still wouldn't mind giving it a try though. But my love of hitting soda cans is pretty high, so I might stick with that for a while.

One twist we could put on your bullseye idea, AA, is make it a hole with a heavy plate behind that acts like a flap/pendulum that can swing up and lock into place if hit hard enough. You get extra points for locking it in place, or an extra poopy, etc

Edit: shot not poopy ( autocorrect is a gem sometimes)
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2022 at 1:27am by IronGoober »  

John R.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #33 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 5:18am

Ich möchte es gerne noch einmal wiederholen. Die Punkte Wertigkeit auf einer Diane steigt mit zunehmender Distanz.
Und genau darum geht es . Erhöhen sie ihre Distanz.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #34 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 9:41am

IronGoober wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 1:43am:
or an extra poopy

This made my day.

First reaction was 'What the heck is he talking about???'.  Then I laughed so hard I got tears in my eyes.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #35 - Jan 7th, 2022 at 11:52am

joe_meadmaker wrote on Jan 7th, 2022 at 9:41am:
hen I laughed so hard I got tears in my eyes.

I'm glad you enjoyed it Smiley. I got a good laugh when I read my own post and thought that I should leave it in for others to enjoy.

John R.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, LightSlinger, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris)