Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Merry Christmas and s happy new year :-) (Read 1926 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Merry Christmas and s happy new year :-)
Dec 24th, 2021 at 1:56pm

Can't believe it's that time of year again.

12 months has just flashed past.
An interesting year in the slinging world.

Dave's videos have spread the slinging gospel far and wide, just a damn shame he's not getting paid for them.
But he's brought a lot of new blood into the fold.
So before we do anything else, raise a glass and drink a toast to David Morningstar, the slinging world's very own gandalf and a man whose staff very definitely has a knob on the end whistle

The international broke new ground.
The first one without a British competitor and the first one with an American competitor and the first one solely based in Ibiza.
Congratulations to my mate Uwe for an unprecedentrd trophy haul.
Schlingel ho !

There's been some truly innovative sling and ammo designs on the forum this year, some of them actually of practical use whistle
Which is unusual Smiley

Kick and Nooc started the first ever slinging podcast, which seems to be going well, all power to their microphones !

Covid's still refusing to piss off and die, but if we all keep getting jabbed, with luck and a following wind, at some point things will return to some semblance of normality.

There have been deaths among members families  this year.
Our sympathy goes to all who have lost loved ones.
Christmas is a particularly tough time of year.
All I can say, is to use Christmas to remember and celebrate the lives of those who have left us
A death is over in an instant, but a person's life will live forever in our memories and should be celebrated at every opportunity.

On a personal level, I'm sat here on Christmas Eve, I've yet to wrap a single present (nothing new there).
I have cured and cooked the boxing day ham, smoked, salmon and trout, made gravad lax, Christmas sausages and wrapped the pigs in their blankets.
You know, the important stuff whistle

It's been a pretty decent year, like always there have been ups and downs, but on balance, more ups than downs.
Myself and my family are going into the new year with our health mostly intact.
What more can you ask ?

So as I've got to go get some Chritmas eve fish and chips, all that's left is to wish you all a happy Christmas and a healthy and prosperous new year

From myself and all of us at slinging.org
May the future hold all that you desire and the past hold nothing but good memories

The Curious Aardvark

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Merry Christmas and s happy new year :-)
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2021 at 11:01pm

Fantastic recap of this year's events CA!  And cheers to you for keeping this thing going!  I honestly don't know what I'd be doing with myself if slinging.org wasn't here.

This was a difficult year in some aspects.  But I think a really good one for slinging overall.

Happy Holidays to all as we prepare to bid farewell to 2021.  Some good memories and some no so good ones we'll take with us as we move ahead.  Cheers everyone!

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2021 at 4:31am

A Merry Christmas to you all! This truly has been an eventful year for the slinging community. Here's to wishing you a wonderful day and a prosperous New Year as well!  Smiley

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2021 at 10:52am

Damn, forgot to mention all your amazing videos Joe.

The impact testing in particular was outstanding and extremely informative.
And seriously added to the collective slinging knowledge base, to no small degree Thumbs Up

I'm not so sure about the suicide attempts whistle
But it definitely proved that you need a serious shield to defend against a determined slinger Smiley

As for the fish and chips, that turned into a 2 hour quest, that ended up with a mediocre Chinese takeaway whistle
The moral of that particular Christmas message - plan ahead, exactly like I didn't !

Got a mate coming round for Christmas dinner, his partner is up in Scotland, looking after her mum.
Dave was going to spend Christmas day on his own. Sod that Smiley
If I had to get him by force, he was coming here lol

Hope Santa brought you all what you wanted and a happy Christmas to you all.

Although I think our antipodean members are just about waking up to boxing day round about now.
While the west coast Americans are probably just about thinking about Christmas breakfast Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

IcedFlame
Descens

Victory through discipline

MN
Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2021 at 12:14pm

Merry Christmas!

If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle
           - Sun Tzu

Happy Slinging, and God bless my friend.

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #5 - Dec 25th, 2021 at 12:37pm

Merry Christmas all!

IP Logged

Kordwar

Slinging Rocks!

Lancaster, PA
Reply #6 - Dec 25th, 2021 at 2:59pm

A merry Christmas to all! I regret not joining the forum when I started slinging very early in the pandemic as you all have been very supportive and cool.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #7 - Dec 31st, 2021 at 11:57pm

Happy New Year

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Chris)