Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: The 30 Round
Reply #15 - Dec 27th, 2021 at 11:47am

joe_meadmaker wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 10:07pm:
I think I'm giving up target slinging.

You took the old kung fu movies too literally. "Become the target Joe"  Grin

But definitely dont quit target slinging. That balearic target is too darn pretty not to use.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #16 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 5:09pm

Time to bump this topic.

I finally got a 30 Round recorded.  I did one a while back but my target was brand new and the weather wasn't great.  I did really terrible.  I think I only hit the target 2 or 3 times (literally) in 30 throws.  But this one went much better.

Oh yeah, one more thing to mention.  I cheated and used ice.  I got some tennis balls recently but still only have 12, so not enough to do a round without a lot of running around.

https://youtu.be/iIHPUcNDqq8

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #17 - Feb 21st, 2022 at 6:02am

I also did one a few weeks ago but forgot to put it on here.

https://youtu.be/vQY3RdoF1Hk

Good work joe.
I’ve been a little inactive on the forum lately, miss my mead maker, I guess soon is the egg challenge, we alway ramp up slinging again around this time

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #18 - Feb 21st, 2022 at 7:29am

egg challenge ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #19 - Feb 21st, 2022 at 7:49am

Easter we break eggs

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #20 - Feb 21st, 2022 at 3:31pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 5:09pm:
Time to bump this topic.

I finally got a 30 Round recorded.  I did one a while back but my target was brand new and the weather wasn't great.  I did really terrible.  I think I only hit the target 2 or 3 times (literally) in 30 throws.  But this one went much better.

Oh yeah, one more thing to mention.  I cheated and used ice.  I got some tennis balls recently but still only have 12, so not enough to do a round without a lot of running around.

Nice job!

I wouldnt call that cheating so long as we know the type of ammo we can make comparisons. Ive been struggling with a wicked case of tennis elbow (im convinced from slinging tennis balls too hard) and probably wont be going back to tennis balls once it heals so for your sake, mine and others I suggest maybe we consider a less restrictive view on ammo in these challenges.  Huh Wink

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #21 - Feb 21st, 2022 at 5:10pm

@Mersa - I dd see yours.  You and NOOC both had crazy good rounds.  Amazing to watch.  Looking forward to the egg challenge too.  Although I haven't given any thought yet on what to do.  I guess I could try to hit an egg with a 2.5 kg stone.  Grin

@Morphy - I completely get the idea of having everyone sling the same type of projectile to keep things consistent.  But that in itself can bring about disadvantages.  The only time I sling tennis balls is for the short distance in the Practical Paracord competition.  So any time those come up as the projectile of choice, my time with them is limited.  I'm not blaming anyone.  That's completely my own choice.  But it's not likely to change either.

If there a challenge or competition going on and it's thought projectile weight could be a factor in the outcome, any results or standings could be broken into projectile weight categories.  Everyone break out their rusty balls!

Hope you heal up fast my man.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #22 - Feb 22nd, 2022 at 6:25am

I like the egg and pumpkin challenge, the egg is small but easy to break the pumpkin is big and hard to break, both have equally thrilling characteristics when smashed.

Heavy stones like that are fast becoming your specialty.
Perhaps a castle siege with Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall .
Just a thought!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #23 - Mar 13th, 2022 at 3:34am

I did another 30 Round with a sling I got from Practical Paracord.  I like it.

https://youtu.be/gA0X9VTIwrQ

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #24 - Mar 13th, 2022 at 6:42pm

Nice!! I miss slinging. It was fun.

IP Logged

Hirtius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #25 - Mar 13th, 2022 at 8:30pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 5:09pm:
Time to bump this topic.

Awesome video and also awesome shirt!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #26 - Mar 14th, 2022 at 8:34pm

Morphy wrote on Mar 13th, 2022 at 6:42pm:
Nice!! I miss slinging. It was fun.

How is the recovery coming along?  I hope you're at least seeing a little improvement.

Hirtius wrote on Mar 13th, 2022 at 8:30pm:
Awesome video and also awesome shirt!

Thanks man!

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #27 - Apr 14th, 2022 at 4:52am

More content
30 round at 20 m
https://youtu.be/Vu_gUN93ML8

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #28 - Apr 14th, 2022 at 6:51am

@Joe How is the recovery coming along?  I hope you're at least seeing a little improvement.

Woke up this morning and it actually feels less stiff and painful. Realistically speaking I probably have a good 3 more months at least before its healed enough to chance it but theres definitely been an improvement. At its worst I could barely bend the elbow or lift any weight with my arm extended. It was bad. So yeah, happy to see its healing, albeit slowly.

@Mersa- Ive said it before but barring any nervousness issues at the international competition I think you and a few others here have repeatedly shown you could win it on any given day.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #29 - Apr 14th, 2022 at 11:15pm

Morphy wrote on Apr 14th, 2022 at 6:51am:
@Mersa- Ive said it before but barring any nervousness issues at the international competition I think you and a few others here have repeatedly shown you could win it on any given day.

+1

I need to get out there again.  These guys have better scores at 20 meters than I have at 13.

Awesome stuff Mersa!  I think on that very last throw you took too long to think about it.  Got into your own head.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Chris, vetryan15, Kick, Morphy)