Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just What the World Doesn't Need... Omicron! (Read 1056 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Just What the World Doesn't Need... Omicron!
Nov 27th, 2021 at 11:50am

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Just What the World Doesn't Need... Omicron!
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2021 at 8:11am

I would strongly suggest stocking up on disinfectant, alcohol, toilet paper, or what ever you're short on now before the panic buying starts.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2021 at 1:23pm

Meh.
Virus scares are so last year.
You can’t keep hyping a “new variant” of the same virus and expect the same level of drama every time the same story is regurgitated.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccadowns/2021/11/27/south-african-doctor-who-r
aised-alarm-about-omicron-variant-symptoms-were-so-different-and-so-mild-n259973

Short link:
https://bit.ly/3D0FFkJ

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #3 - Nov 28th, 2021 at 1:49pm

It will keep mutating as virus do and in time become seasonal covid. Personally im more worried about some crazy people dropping vials of small pox at an airport.

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Nov 28th, 2021 at 5:52pm

now that I hadn't heard about. The whooping cough gaining traction worries me, I had something that they said couldn't have been whooping cough because I was vaccinated but coughing all the air out of my lungs and not getting to breathe in for a 20-200 seconds so that when I did I made the distinctive "whoop" is easily one of the worst experiences of my life. And that was almost 2 decades ago.

NOOC I think we need new writers, we accidentally hired bad anime writers. Or we could go back to the classics https://youtu.be/PCpi1sZEZ1U

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Dec 5th, 2021 at 12:18pm

Rat Man wrote on Nov 28th, 2021 at 8:11am:
   I would strongly suggest stocking up on disinfectant, alcohol, toilet paper, or what ever you're short on now before the panic buying starts. 

so panic buy now, to avoid the panic buying of other people.

Isn't that just panic buying ?

Surely if nobody stocked up, stocks would remain at noirmal levels and everybody would have access to everything.

Yeah, as far as omicron goes it appears to not be as bad as they first 'thought' - although I'm not sure any actual thought was involved beyond the 'headless chicken' variety.

Announcing the next doomsday variant, when you have a half dozen sigtings in the wild and exactly zero statistics, seemed a bit premature, to say the least.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #6 - Dec 7th, 2021 at 8:10am

If nobody stocked up stocks would remain at normal levels for sure.  Unfortunately  it doesn't work that way.  As you already know I'm somewhat of a prepper, but not hardcore.  I'm already well stocked up on most things.  I only had to buy two things that the world ran out of quickly and completely last time;  rubbing alcohol and distilled water for my CPAP machine.  Last year when Covid hit people bought up all of the bottled water available.  Though a very small percentage needed distilled water for CPAPs and such, distilled water is of course potable so that got bought up with the purified drinking water. 
    It is relatively easy to make a primitive still to distill water yourself but it's much easier to just stock up on it. 
    It's the Boy Scout in me:  Be prepared!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #7 - Dec 7th, 2021 at 8:27am

I don't see any problem with stocking up on a few extra things.  Although I don't think we'll see empty shelves like when COVID first hit.  At least not anywhere near as bad.  I think the shock value is gone, and that was a big part of getting people into panic mode.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #8 - Dec 8th, 2021 at 12:08pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Dec 7th, 2021 at 8:27am:
I don't see any problem with stocking up on a few extra things.  Although I don't think we'll see empty shelves like when COVID first hit.  At least not anywhere near as bad.  I think the shock value is gone, and that was a big part of getting people into panic mode.

Also stores know now to limit purchases at such times to avoid toilet paper riots and such.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Bill Skinner, Rat Man)