Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: SITH - 2021
Reply #30 - Dec 4th, 2021 at 9:55am

Balearic3 wrote on Nov 29th, 2021 at 8:15pm:
Throw me into SITH mix and I'll come up with something with a Canadian twist.

Can you make cord from maple syrup ? whistle

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #31 - Dec 4th, 2021 at 1:51pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Dec 4th, 2021 at 9:55am:
Balearic3 wrote on Nov 29th, 2021 at 8:15pm:
Throw me into SITH mix and I'll come up with something with a Canadian twist.

Can you make cord from maple syrup ? whistle

Grin

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #32 - Dec 6th, 2021 at 12:52pm

Well, I decided to break with tradition and finish mine early this year. Just think… next year some lucky winner could be slinging with the leftover pieces of Morphy’s boot sandals!

Ok, it’s actually made from MY old cowboy boots...  I thoroughly cleaned and oiled the leather, removed the original stitching, and then hand-stitched the original embroidery pattern with a heavier waxed thread that should stand up to a lot of abuse.  Works best with tennis balls, but it’s tough enough to handle jagged rocks.  I took a couple test shots with it and then decided to post an early preview for y’all… because otherwise I’d be too tempted to keep this sling for myself Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #33 - Dec 6th, 2021 at 3:12pm

Well shoot thats so pretty and so Texan. Nice one NOOC. Whoever gets that is a lucky guy/gal.

IP Logged

Balearic3
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #34 - Dec 6th, 2021 at 6:09pm

I'm still trying to figure out basic braiding techniques, let alone risking some invaluable Canadian maple syrup. Some maple sugar may find its way, along with whatever sling I concoct...time will tell!!!  Wink

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #35 - Dec 6th, 2021 at 9:14pm

Oh man NOOC!  Great looking sling!  But that's like giving someone an unwrapped Christmas present.  Grin

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #36 - Dec 7th, 2021 at 12:55am

joe_meadmaker wrote on Dec 6th, 2021 at 9:14pm:
Oh man NOOC!  Great looking sling!  But that's like giving someone an unwrapped Christmas present.  Grin

I know it ruins some of the surprise, but hopefully whoever gets it will enjoy the anticipation instead. Besides, it’s for a greater purpose:
1. I now have to follow through and give the sling up instead of keeping it for myself.
2. I threw this photo up on Instagram, hoping to lure a few new participants into SITH (and maybe sticking around the forum too).
3. I’ve given away basically the same sling every SITH for the past several years, so most people who’ve been paying attention wouldn’t be surprised to get an asymmetric tennis ball sling from me… but I especially wanted some of our newer folks who may be less confident in their sling-making abilities to see how a small change like reclaimed leather or some embroidery thread can completely change an otherwise “normal” design into a one-of-a-kind treasure.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

CrazyBrave333
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Australia
Reply #37 - Dec 9th, 2021 at 3:24pm

I’m in!!!

I never received one last SITH and sling basket had to wait ages for mine (hope he got the package!) so hopefully this year will be better.

I’ll be working in my favourite medium- Kevlar!

IP Logged

dork
Funditor

I feel Smurfy when I'm
smurfing!!!! You too?

In Beautiful Wisconsin
Reply #38 - Dec 13th, 2021 at 10:01pm

Did I make it in time? Can I still get in on this.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #39 - Dec 13th, 2021 at 10:08pm

dork wrote on Dec 13th, 2021 at 10:01pm:
Did I make it in time? Can I still get in on this.

Absolutely!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #40 - Dec 14th, 2021 at 9:29am

so you going to do the draw joe ?
Or do I use the slinging.org baseball cap as usual ?
Vaguely remember videoing the draw last year.

I'd kinda like to see the names come out of your hells angels bike helmet Smiley

As of this post we've got 22.
So could either go for straight pair exchange, or 1st sends to 2nd sends to thrid etc
which works best for odd numbers.

So using noocs reasoning.
I will say that I'll be sending an engraved cap paul.
And ONE bonus item chosen from:
Indestructible glow in the dark 'ball'.
disc sling with a disc mould.
hinged glande mould - whatever I get my hands on first, you don't get to pick, lol.
Set of polyurethans aerofoils. 

If I've put up anything else this year that I've forgotten about and you;d like - let me know and I'll add it to the list.

so have a think what you'd prefer:-)

I was slinging the glow balls at the big shipping container the local football club have down on the village rec last night.
Just for fun Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #41 - Dec 14th, 2021 at 10:35am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Dec 14th, 2021 at 9:29am:
I was slinging the glow balls at the big shipping container the local football club have down on the village rec last night.
Just for fun Smiley

pics or it didn't happen Smiley

IP Logged

Kordwar

Slinging Rocks!

Lancaster, PA
Reply #42 - Dec 14th, 2021 at 11:32am

I would love to join in if it's not too late!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #43 - Dec 14th, 2021 at 12:51pm

Sure thing Kordwar.  There hasn't been any opposition, so I guess we'll keep it open until the 18th.

Curious Aardvark wrote on Dec 14th, 2021 at 9:29am:
so you going to do the draw joe ?
Or do I use the slinging.org baseball cap as usual ?
Vaguely remember videoing the draw last year.

I'd kinda like to see the names come out of your hells angels bike helmet

I can.  Unless someone else wants to.

What are everyone's thoughts on the pairing up method?  Stay with the domino method used the last couple years, or break off into actual pairs?  I think pairs is still fine even if there's an odd number.  Just one exchange group will have three people.

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #44 - Dec 14th, 2021 at 1:26pm

I want to send a set of four slings again to some lucky soul. Maybe even five if I find some motivation to do something.

As for the pairing method, I don't really care as long as I get to send my slings to someone!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Chris, Rat Man)