Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Pet Appreciation Thread (Read 1609 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Pet Appreciation Thread
Nov 3rd, 2021 at 12:15pm

Got a pet? Do you appreciate it? Post em!

This is Millie and Lucy. Millie is white and Lucy is black but theres never been any racial hostility between them although Millie will not hesitate to steal Lucys food if it looks tasty enough. Especially if its a cookie.

These two girls are exact opposites. Millie is adventurous and constantly getting into trouble. Lucy lives in constant fear of life itself and scampers quickly to us (her giants) to keep her safe as soon as she gets scared.

It took about 2 months to get them fully tame and knowing to stop doing stuff when we tell them not to. Took another week or two for them to come to us when called. But all in all for plague carriers and the potential destroyers of the human race they arent half bad.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Pet Appreciation Thread
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 1:31pm

Here is Ka, the Ball Python.  He was once a wild snake in Africa.  Ka is about thirty years old.

Ka.jpg (124 KB | 28 )
Ka.jpg

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 1:32pm

And here is my current pack, Max, Benji The Little Turd, and Pandora.

ThreeDogs.jpg (218 KB | 26 )
ThreeDogs.jpg

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 10:50pm

Misty is my buddy.

Stray, rejected by the neighbors (not their fault, she attacked their other cats when taken in), became a reluctant guest in my house, turned into queen of the castle.

She knows me too well, and is too good at getting her own way.  Sometimes it drives me crazy.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2021 at 7:33am

Damn Misty is a cute one. Kind of pudgy and cuddly looking. Thats the kind of cat thats actually a necessary accessory for a couch. They should throw in one of those free when you buy a couch for maximum comfort.
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2021 at 8:53am by Morphy »  

IP Logged

Sir Missalot
Descens

almost always miss, occasionally
by a mile

Midlands, South Kakalaki
Reply #5 - Nov 4th, 2021 at 7:55am

Here's Mazzy Star McGullakitty and Jethro Hogwaller Bumbly.

You can probably tell which is which. Mazzy's the good looking, popular, but clueless jock and Jethro's the impetuous hayseed with a good heart.

They're brothers we adopted from the neighbor's unwed mother cat.

mazzyjethro640.jpg (65 KB | 26 )
mazzyjethro640.jpg

IP Logged

Caldou
Funditor

Moving the world... rock
by rock.

Picardie, France
Reply #6 - Nov 4th, 2021 at 8:04am

Those are ultra cute snuggling is this sling pouch ! how far can you sling them ? Cheesy Tongue Grin

Eight in one shot!
The french Slinging club
If it's still moving, keep slinging !
IP Logged

Sir Missalot
Descens

almost always miss, occasionally
by a mile

Midlands, South Kakalaki
Reply #7 - Nov 4th, 2021 at 12:12pm

Not very.  Before they even get airborne, they sink their retention hooks into my arm.

My wife has gotten pretty good at getting them off the kitchen counter though.  I should take lessons.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #8 - Nov 4th, 2021 at 2:45pm

Morphy wrote on Nov 4th, 2021 at 7:33am:
Kind of pudgy

In the cat world we call that "chonky".  Grin

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #9 - Nov 6th, 2021 at 8:49am

I had cats all of my life and very much miss them now.  Though Pandora and Max lived with one of my cats, Kayla was old and had been with me for a long time.
The dogs were the new guys.  Bringing a new cat into a house where Huskies are already established probably wouldn't work out well for the cat.

IP Logged

IcedFlame
Descens

Victory through discipline

MN
Reply #10 - Dec 22nd, 2021 at 10:16am

This is my cat KITT

If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle
           - Sun Tzu

Happy Slinging, and God bless my friend.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #11 - Dec 27th, 2021 at 7:16am

These aren't really my pets but I feed them every day so I tend to think of them as such.  I also have a bird feeder for seeds and one for suet and in the Spring I plan on putting up a Hummingbird feeder.  I had one up before but it got filled with ants so I have to get creative in keeping the ants out without poison. 

fowl.jpg (288 KB | 22 )
fowl.jpg

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #12 - Dec 27th, 2021 at 7:48am

When I lived in Ohio as a 20 something I fed the geese all the time in my apartment complex. There was a group of 3 especially that I liked. One had a broken wing and the other two hung around with it I guess to keep it company.

Eventually they got so comfortable around my roommate and I that I told him to bring my camera and follow me. We went down to the pond and up came Larry, Curly and Moe. I fed them till they were fat and happy; my roommate had the camera ready. Then, on my word, I reached forward, put my right arm around one of the geese, turned around and my left arm up in a peace sign and got a pic of me smiling with my arm around a wild goose while it screamed absolute bloody murder.

They forgave me quickly. A human selfie is a small price to pay for a daily all you can eat buffet in an Ohio winter.  Cheesy

Just as an aside to our younger members I would not suggest doing this normally. Geese have virtually no positive emotions. They are balls of vengeance and unholy anger. If youve ever seen a swan get pissed and attack someone they are just slightly below swans.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #13 - Dec 28th, 2021 at 8:22am

Geese were frequently used as watch animals in mediaeval times.

Better than dogs as they also lay huge and really tasty eggs and are otherwise quite self sufficient.
And really noisy Smiley

Here's Phoebe appreciating this year's turkey lol

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #14 - Dec 29th, 2021 at 10:41pm

Phoebe is a good dog. My Wendy-dog wouldve had that turkey in a chokehold before you could say "back to the pound with you". Probably because she knew I never couldve done it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Bill Skinner)