Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Favorite and least favorite Candy? (Read 1587 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Favorite and least favorite Candy?
Nov 1st, 2021 at 6:03pm

In that Halloween just passed it seems a good time to ask "What is your favorite candy?" 
    For me it's a tie between Reese's Cups and M&Ms.  Though the many variations of Reese's are all good I prefer the traditional.  With M&Ms the plain chocolate ones are good, the peanut better, the almond great, and if you can find them the macadamia M&Ms are heavenly.  I've only seen them a few times in my life and it's been a while but if you ever spot them snatch up all you can. 
    I don't hate hard or rock candy but I don't love it either. It doesn't tempt me.  Twizzlers seem like garbage to me. I get no enjoyment from them.
     Here's a video of me with Halloween candy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx7qcB-dtNU

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Favorite and least favorite Candy?
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2021 at 6:34pm

Im not sure why but Ive always loved jaw breakers but gobstoppers are kind of gross. Whats with the powder inside? Who thought that was a good idea? .

Heath bars are good. Sour Warheads and sour powers are great.

Worst candy ever? Smarties.

What the actual @#$%? Smarties are literally the reason for war in the middle east. All the worlds problems can be traced back to those devil candies.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2021 at 7:07pm

Morphy wrote on Nov 1st, 2021 at 6:34pm:

I think you mean Necco wafers, or maybe both Wink.  And they both happen to be some of my favorites. Though, honestly, if it has sugar, I'm in. I like too many types of sweets to call one my favorite, but Hi-chews are high on my list currently.

John R.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #3 - Nov 1st, 2021 at 7:26pm

I'm good with pretty much anything that includes chocolate.  The ones I pick up most often though are boring old Snickers and Twix.

On the other side I'm not a big fan of anything gummy.  Bears, worms, fish, whatever.  I think they taste fine but don't like the getting-stuck-in-teeth aspect, so I don't eat them.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2021 at 8:16pm

IronGoober wrote on Nov 1st, 2021 at 7:07pm:

I think you mean Necco wafers, or maybe both Wink.  And they both happen to be some of my favorites. Though, honestly, if it has sugar, I'm in. I like too many types of sweets to call one my favorite, but Hi-chews are high on my list currently.

My Dad would buy me  Neccos when I was a kid so I will always love those for nostalgias sake.  Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 8:18am

I live in Finland and hate liquorice. Every mixed bag of sweets is a minefield. I really hate the taste of it then obviuosly very sick people have innovated on evil and put it in everything from chocolate to ice cream. Bleaugh.

For the best, I would have to vote for anything other than liquorice that I am also in possession of. I don't have a sweet tooth, all of my teeth are sweet teeth so if it's even slightly edible and sweet I'll eat it. I know full well I'm a sugar addict and have no intention of stopping anytime soon. If I really have to narrow it down a little more, I do have a particularly soft spot for sour sweets.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 8:25am

When I was a kid I used to love toxic waste sweets which were extremely sour. They were great but if you ate too many it would make your teeth hurt and burn away skin from your tongue!

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #7 - Nov 3rd, 2021 at 1:39pm

Morphy wrote on Nov 1st, 2021 at 8:16pm:
IronGoober wrote on Nov 1st, 2021 at 7:07pm:

My Dad would buy me  Neccos when I was a kid so I will always love those for nostalgias sake.  Smiley

Likewise.  Neccos are kind of chalky and weird but they bring back fond memories.

IP Logged

Sir Missalot
Descens

almost always miss, occasionally
by a mile

Midlands, South Kakalaki
Reply #8 - Nov 4th, 2021 at 12:58pm

Least favorite is circus peanuts.  I got a hold of too many when I was 6 and can't even look at them now.

Favorite is Reese's Nutrageous.  It's a peanut butter log drizzled with caramel, covered with peanuts, and drenched in smooth creamy milk chocolate.  It truly is nutrageous!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #9 - Nov 17th, 2021 at 11:44am

I grew up on the Dutch border and developed the tase for doublesalt liquorice.

Think of it as the candy equivalent of marmite.

It's called double salt as it contains normal walk and also ammonium chloride.

I love the stuff.

Cadbury dairy milk, probably the best bar chocolate.
But I'll eat any milk chocolate.

Used to eat a lot of sweets. Gummies, chews, anything really.

These days I'm down to Cadbury giant buttons (1.2g carb each) some short expensive diabetic chocolate with sugar alcohols and only sweets made from isomalt rather than sucrose.

Least favourite sweets would be anything with coconut or marzipan.

But Dutch zoutjes are my favourites.

The good thing is a small bag will last me months Smiley

But it's most definitely an acquired taste Smiley

It's as much fun watching people try Dutch liquorice as it is feeding marmite to Americans.

Mind you gunsonwheels actually liked marmite,  so it doesn't always work lol

But dz dropje is considerably more offensive to most people.
But as I hate wasting it, it's easier to just tell people they won't like it Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #10 - Nov 17th, 2021 at 1:56pm

Many moons ago Carob was being pushed as a healthier chocolate.  Though it's still around its heyday was very short lived. That's because it sucks.  If you've never tried it, imagine candle wax that if you really stretch your imagination tastes vaguely like chocolate.  Carob deserves to be forgotten.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #11 - Nov 17th, 2021 at 3:22pm

Rat Man wrote on Nov 17th, 2021 at 1:56pm:
  That's because it sucks.  If you've never tried it, imagine candle wax that if you really stretch your imagination tastes vaguely. 

Reminds me of Mocklate, the fake chocolate from that Friends episode.

IP Logged

Archaic Arms
Funditor

Testing and inventing
"Archaic" weapons.

Reply #12 - Nov 18th, 2021 at 6:15am

100% dark chocolate. not 95% or 99%, simply 100%. Love the potent rich flavour, unspoiled by sugar. I love it for when I go on hikes and such, and I don't have to worry about it eating my teeth either.
Pure, local honey is also a lovely treat. You can taste all the flowers and blossoms the bees have visited, so it's like essentially tasting the beautiful countryside. It also never goes off, and also acts as an antiseptic when put on/in wounds.
Nipits and fisherman's friends (if they can be considered candy) were also something I used to have in my pocket for a good while, the former being little black chunks of licorice extract, and the latter lozenges that became a favourite partly due to the menthol
On the flip side, I really dislike artificial flavours and highly sweet things,  which makes up most candy nowadays. They just don't appeal to me in the slightest.

Regards,
Lewis
IP Logged

Sir Missalot
Descens

almost always miss, occasionally
by a mile

Midlands, South Kakalaki
Reply #13 - Nov 18th, 2021 at 8:00am

Reese's just came out with a peanut butter cup with potato chip crumbles mixed in with the peanut butter.  It' pretty good, but not really worth the fuss.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #14 - Nov 18th, 2021 at 9:26am

Archaic Arms wrote on Nov 18th, 2021 at 6:15am:
100% dark chocolate. not 95% or 99%, simply 100%. Love the potent rich flavour, unspoiled by sugar.

Huh

This is a foreign concept to me.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus)