Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Portable target (Read 337 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Portable target
Oct 28th, 2021 at 12:40pm

Probably not good for rocks, but tennis balls and rustyballs should be ok. I’m going to try taking this target on the road to do some slinging beyond my usual backyard spot:

https://youtu.be/o67g8mo9Gk4

If this works well, I might tweak it and have a sign printer make me some proper Balearic targets. What do y’all think?

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Portable target
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2021 at 11:07pm

I like it!  The only real limitation that comes to mind is that there will need to be something to hang it from.  But there's lots of options for that kind of thing.

Nice slinging there too! Thumbs Up

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2021 at 8:05am

Nice one !

If you went for a wider mesh with slightly larger holes it'd be a little less wind blown and more rock resistant.
Love the printed target though.

Is it a golf chipping target ?

Also what does the t-shirt say ?

Also real nice shooting Thumbs Up

As far as Balearic targets goes.
It's just a 50cm circle.
So maybe just do what Joe does.
Make a simple template from a sheet of cardboard and just spray paint the centre white or black, or whatever.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #3 - Oct 29th, 2021 at 9:23am

@Joe thanks! It was a better than average slinging session for sure Smiley
It also helps that my normal target I practice with  is half this size. 

@C_A I was thinking about going to a print shop that does the mesh signs like you see on construction site fences.  Those are tough, cheap, and can handle the wind.

The target is actually a sling target that Iron Goober sent me a year ago. There’s a whole pop-up tent that goes with it, but it’s a lot of work to set up the tent part and I don’t really need to in my yard. The yellow circle is a 50cm circle.

The t-shirt  is from my wife’s nursing school.  It has a photo of Chuck Norris on the front and says “Chuck Norris’ tears heal incurable diseases”
The back says “but only a nurse can heal Chuck Norris “.
… but what the back should say is “but Chuck Norris never cries”

Oh well… a perfectly good opportunity for a good punchline was missed by a bunch of nurses who wanted their nursing school shirt to be about nursing instead. Some people just don’t get it 🤷‍♂️

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Chris, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Rat Man, Kick)