Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
If you could get one car, brand new for free what would it be (Read 1353 times)
Lightning Jack
Ex Member

If you could get one car, brand new for free what would it be
Oct 20th, 2021 at 8:38pm

If you could get one car, any year or model, brand new for free what would it be?

IP Logged

Lightning Jack
Ex Member

Re: If you could get one car, brand new for free what would it be
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2021 at 8:43pm

My choice would be a blue (with white stripes) 1967 Ford Mustang Gt500 Fastback with a 427 under the hood

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2021 at 10:36pm

A garbage truck… any 2018 model… made of solid gold. I would also accept a solid gold fire truck, dump truck, or excavator.   Need to make a purchase? Grab a chisel and hammer, and knock a chunk off the side… trade it in for cash down at the local Pawn Shop.

… or maybe I’d knock a few extra chunks off my vehicle and use the money to go buy his and hers Dodge Vipers for me and my wife 🤷‍♂️

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2021 at 10:40pm

Quote:
My choice would be a blue (with white stripes) 1967 Ford Mustang Gt500 Fastback with a 427 under the hood

The Shelby Edition Mustangs are pretty nice too. I think the one I rode in at the Homestead Speedway was a 2013 model:

https://youtu.be/JEQgvBUkXEw

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 7:04am

When I went for my first driving lesson, I was talking to a classmate about how it went. I used the driving instructors car and this classmate asked me what model of car it was. My answer: "I think it was... blue".

If we're allowing fantasy answers like Nooc's (which hasn't been agreed upon) I'm going with a car that never runs out of petrol, has self-healing properties like Wolverine, has an adamantium body like Wolverine and that drives itself because I hate driving. Claws like Wolverine would also be a good deterrent for thieves.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 7:06am

A James Bond style Aston Martin (complete with missles, oil slicks, miniguns etc).

Ok, I'll settle for just the car if I have too...

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 7:26am

A tesla with a build quality that matches the price.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #7 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 8:21am

The GMC Hummer.  It is a beast. 1000 hp, 0-60 in three seconds, 350 mile range per charge.  And all that horsepower is guilt free since it is a pure electric. 

https://www.gmc.com/electric/hummer-ev

IP Logged

Lightning Jack
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 12:34pm

If your answer is a fantasy one that is ok as long as you share your real answer as well

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Reply #9 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 5:51pm

Austin Maxi with a 3.5ltr Audi engine fitted.

My outlook on life is Aristotalean; on seeing an Acorn I see a potential oak tree rather than Plato's view that it is a failed copy.
BE SAFE,    BE SMILEY,   BE STRANGE

IP Logged

Lightning Jack
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 11:06pm

@Ratman: technically electric cars are not “guilt free” because electricity doesn’t come from thin air, it comes from a power plant that may use coal or natural gas or some other fuel which is still giving off CO2 gas, unless of course it is powered by water. Solar and wind are worthless energy sources. Solar panels are no good after about 10-20 years then they are junk, and there aren’t even enough rare earth metals left in the earth to even make enough solar panels just for the U.S. alone. And windmills cost more in maintenance than the electricity they produce, and the only reason why anyone makes them is because of government subsidies. I’m not trying to start a political fight either, I just thought I’d mention these things to you. I really don’t think that global warming exists, and even if it did, the entire earth raising a 1/2 of a degree in temperature by the end of the century sure doesn’t seem like much. Next thing you’ll know they’ll say, “oh no the earths oxygen is decreasing a 1/2 a part per TRILLION every three centuries we better make up another stupid law to stop this from happening”

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #11 - Oct 22nd, 2021 at 12:46am

I take mine back I want K.I.T.T.  Smiley 

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #12 - Oct 22nd, 2021 at 2:34am

Quote:
Solar panels are no good after about 10-20 years then they are junk, and there aren’t even enough rare earth metals left in the earth to even make enough solar panels just for the U.S. alone.

Since you brought it up, I'm going to derail the thread (for my post at least).

It's true that solar panels have a finite lifetime, but so so all other energy generating machines. Coal/gas, etc. electric plants all have things that wear out and must be replaced. The issue is the scale that solar panels are needed to displace fossil fuels will create a very large waste stream down the line, whereas there are just a few small (relatively) parts to replace in traditional plants. Though, I suspect the issue will be sorted out and a way to recycle most of the materials in solar panels will be found.   But most solar panels don't suffer for the need for rare-earth metals (specific types do, but they aren't very popular). You might be thinking of the permanent magnets that are used in wind turbines, neodymium and dysprosium are rare earth metals that are used there.  But, new magnets and ways to reduce or remove the need for permanent magnets are being developed.  Every new technology brings new issues. Solar and wind are not different.

But, I disagree that they are worthless energy sources. Coal/gas/oil are finite resources. We can't continue to burn them forever. Nuclear power is also finite (the way we currently use the fuel).  Even if climate change were not a pressing issue, the need to change to a energy source that is sustainable is needed.   Humans often continue to use things until we run out of the resource and are forced to use something else, and the transition is never easy.  We've hunted whales to near extinction for their blubber, we've cleared forests to take centuries to return, hunted bison to near extinction for their furs, there are numerous examples. But change our ways we must. And even with this change we will generate new problems, that's just the way we work, as large 6 foot tall viruses (as the lovable Agent Smith from "The Matrix" so lovingly described humans).

John R.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #13 - Oct 22nd, 2021 at 8:19am

Quote:
@Ratman: technically electric cars are not “guilt free” because electricity doesn’t come from thin air, it comes from a power plant that may use coal or natural gas or some other fuel which is still giving off CO2 gas, unless of course it is powered by water. Solar and wind are worthless energy sources. Solar panels are no good after about 10-20 years then they are junk, and there aren’t even enough rare earth metals left in the earth to even make enough solar panels just for the U.S. alone. And windmills cost more in maintenance than the electricity they produce, and the only reason why anyone makes them is because of government subsidies. I’m not trying to start a political fight either, I just thought I’d mention these things to you. I really don’t think that global warming exists, and even if it did, the entire earth raising a 1/2 of a degree in temperature by the end of the century sure doesn’t seem like much. Next thing you’ll know they’ll say, “oh no the earths oxygen is decreasing a 1/2 a part per TRILLION every three centuries we better make up another stupid law to stop this from happening”   

The first part of your statement is correct.  An electric car or truck isn't 100% guilt free.  Electricity doesn't come from the air.  Something has to produce it though an electric car does leave a much smaller carbon footprint than one with a combustion engine.  As usual, the rest of your statement is baseless and utter nonsense.  Obviously you have a political ax to grind.  Enjoy making a fool of yourself.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #14 - Oct 22nd, 2021 at 11:18am

This was a fun thread while it lasted.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris)