Send Topic Print
Sling snowball fights (Read 834 times)
Duckhands
Descens

Making Some Sick New Slings!

Idaho
Sling snowball fights
Oct 12th, 2021 at 2:50pm

Has anyone tried this? I tried throwing a snowball today and it held together and went way further than expected. I am thinking about having a huge sling snowball fight with my coworkers, assuming it won't break any jaws lol.

Hands dirty from throwing dead ducks I eat my lunch and earn my title.

IP Logged

czechslinger1.0
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Sling snowball fights
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2021 at 3:49pm

As I said few times already on this forum: me and my friend slung lots of snowballs at each other last winter, it was fun and it didn't hurt that bad. But for bigger battles I think you should wear some eyepro like in airsoft or paintball, I think a hit in the eye would be dangerous and very painful.

Also I was slinging snowballs for the entire last winter instead of rocks as they were hard to come by. It surprised me too how far I was able to sling them, some even exceeded the range of 70m with my standart 18 inch sling.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2021 at 4:10pm

Not fights specifically, but last year we had a thread on snowball slinging.  Lots of videos.

https://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1612450783

I agree with czechslinger.  Wouldn't want to take one in the face.  Especially if it was a wet snow that packed really well.  But on the other side, those are the best ones for slinging.

IP Logged

Lacumo

NY
Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2021 at 7:33pm

If I was going to be on the receiving end of snowballs that somebody was slinging at me, I'd definitely be wearing the best safety glasses I could find at Home Depot or Lowes.

I used to think this was going to be simple.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2021 at 7:36pm

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2021 at 4:00pm

Slinging snowballs is loads of fun.  If you find yourself as the only one in a snowball fight with a sling you'll be the big bully of the block. 
     My favorite sling for snowballs is the Seatbelt Sling but any large pouched sling will do.
     If you're dealing with warm, slushy snow be sure not to pack your ball too tightly unless you want to knock your opponent into next Thursday.

IP Logged

Sir Missalot
Descens

almost always miss, occasionally
by a mile

Midlands, South Kakalaki
Reply #6 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 3:36pm

... and if you want an airburst with raining snow shrapnel, stuff a firecracker in it and aim overhead Shocked

IP Logged

Duckhands
Descens

Making Some Sick New Slings!

Idaho
Reply #7 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 11:12pm

I think imma try getting my boss and little brother to battle with me, and just keep the throws casual. I will comment on the results, if no video gets made lol.

Hands dirty from throwing dead ducks I eat my lunch and earn my title.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #8 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 9:33pm

I tried the one time that we had snow in town in the last 6 years… it was too powdery and the snowball vaporized as it left the sling.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #9 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 4:08am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Oct 16th, 2021 at 9:33pm:
I tried the one time that we had snow in town in the last 6 years… it was too powdery and the snowball vaporized as it left the sling.

This is the thing. Too dry and the snow will just not form a ball. Too wet and it can form an ice ball which is NOT fun to be hit with. Doubly so out of a sling.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 10:37am

I always thought getting hit by a snowball would hurt but I guess it does depend on the type of snow.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Morphy, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Kick, Chris)