Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Healing power of Meth (Read 1042 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
The Healing power of Meth
Oct 7th, 2021 at 8:06am

Ok so not meth, but Breaking Bad.

I was feeling bad yesterday. I had had awful nightmares, was tired and more than just physically tired. It was one of those days. Then, I remembered a quote I had heard from an episode of Breaking Bad that I had watched on Monday.

(Note: If anyone posts anything even resembling a spoiler for Breaking Bad, I will ban you and your IP from the site. Not even kidding on that. I have managed to go years without it being spoiled as I eventually worked my way around to watching it, I will end you if you ruin my streak.)

I found the clip on YouTube, watched it... and it worked. I got up, got out the house, I went slinging and even shot some video.

I am not one for motivational videos, captions or "inspiring quotes" hung up on walls, but this quote works for me. In case anyone needs it, here it is (There's no spoilers in case you are like me and get round to things late Cheesy):

https://youtu.be/dlVklT456n4

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Re: The Healing power of Meth
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2021 at 8:18am

Thanks Mick

Been there, done that, got the t shirt.

Right now I'm in tears but I needed that reminder.

Thanks.

My outlook on life is Aristotalean; on seeing an Acorn I see a potential oak tree rather than Plato's view that it is a failed copy.
BE SAFE,    BE SMILEY,   BE STRANGE

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2021 at 8:19am

F***Ing spellcheck.

Thanks  KICK.

My outlook on life is Aristotalean; on seeing an Acorn I see a potential oak tree rather than Plato's view that it is a failed copy.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2021 at 8:34am

xud9a - call me zud 👍 wrote on Oct 7th, 2021 at 8:18am:
Thanks Mick

Been there, done that, got the t shirt.

Right now I'm in tears but I needed that reminder.

Thanks.

Hang on in there man. Those days suck, but they are days. There are also weeks, months and years. There's plenty of time for good things to happen as well. Go out and kick that bastard as hard as you can right in the teeth.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2021 at 9:22am

My thoughts are with both of you. Both of you need to know that you are genuinely good people and both of you have brought joy to me in hard times. Very hard times. Wish my arms were a bit longer and Id give you a hug.

I love that quote of his. Fear really is the enemy. For me, I find that while my hardcore depressive episodes are getting much more manageable as I eat better, i find my main enemy is apathy. Which is also a depression symptom just not one that is going to lead to suicide. Hooray for small victories lol!

I am literally a walking black pill in the sense that I just dont care anymore. I have all these ideas that I know would be so fulfilling and for which I HAVE THE SKILLS TO DO. But no f@#$ing motivation to do them. None. Its a struggle to even start a sling whereas years ago I loved making them. I got a 20x10 net in my backyard for slinging and havent used it much because I dont have the motivation. Damn...Im a really good worker at work but at home when I should be living life....nothin. just nothin at all.

Anyways so im comiserating with you guys. We all need to go live on Vets land. We can pay him a bit and wear loin cloths and get brutally drunk on Joes mead every weekend. Pretty sure thats the answer.

Be well guys and not just you guys but all who are reading this and feel a bit out of sorts. You deserve to be happy.

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2021 at 11:35pm

I am fit, well, happy and loved.

I sound like a stoned Dalek .

I have weaned myself off anti depressants and my body chemistry is re- adjusting.

Sometimes, little things seem huge but most of the time the sky is a brighter blue than a blue thing, eating blue paint at a blue sparkly nail varnish party.

Time to go for a walk   

Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #6 - Oct 8th, 2021 at 3:32pm

yeah kinda having one of those days today.

This pretty much sums it up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3TcmKe6hJ0

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Reply #7 - Oct 8th, 2021 at 4:16pm

Amen to the final line.....
But thankfully much rarer these days 

Smiley

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #8 - Oct 8th, 2021 at 7:15pm

Morphy wrote on Oct 7th, 2021 at 9:22am:
Anyways so im comiserating with you guys. We all need to go live on Vets land. We can pay him a bit and wear loin cloths and get brutally drunk on Joes mead every weekend. Pretty sure thats the answer.

I'm in.  Grin

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #9 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 8:34am

joe_meadmaker wrote on Oct 8th, 2021 at 7:15pm:
Morphy wrote on Oct 7th, 2021 at 9:22am:

I'm in.  Grin

even room for the dogs Smiley

why did communes go out of fashion ?

If I ever find myself completely on my own, selling up and shipping out could well be the way to go.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 8:38am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Oct 19th, 2021 at 8:34am:
why did communes go out of fashion ?

Hearing Uwe talk about where he lives is tempting. I think I would want shoes though Cheesy

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Reply #11 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 12:02pm

Communes didn't go out of fashion they are now all grower up and there is one 3 stones throws from you  👍

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #12 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 1:04pm

As for communes or cults-

"I’ve Been Involved In A Number Of Cults, Both As A Leader And A Follower. You Have More Fun As A Follower. But You Make More Money As A Leader." -Creed Bratton, The Office

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus)