Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Pumpkin challenge 2021 (Read 6482 times)
joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Pumpkin challenge 2021
Reply #60 - Nov 10th, 2021 at 10:25pm

Thanks guys!  When the whole thing started I was envisioning a perfect throw and the pumpkin exploding into a thousand pieces.  I quickly learned that wasn't going to happen.  There were times I wasn't sure I would be able to put a video together with all the different things happening.  Losing stones, my backstop slowly breaking down, etc.

Here's a little behind the scenes info.  After throwing the small pumpkins, I wasn't going to go back to stones.  I actually tried to put the big pumpkin in the sling.  It was way to big though and would sit in the pouch securely.  Even if it did, it may have been too heavy for me to throw.  I didn't weight it, but I'm guessing it was close to 20 lb.  So I went and found a really big stone to throw instead.

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Nov 10th, 2021 at 6:33pm:
I considered slinging a pumpkin at a pumpkin, but you beat me to it!

You still could.  I did fail to get a hit.  I didn't know until I saw the video, but the cords got really twisted up when I was throwing the the small pumpkins.  Except for the last one, which came out of the sling pretty clean.  Some practice with those (and the sling I used for them) would have been very helpful, but I just had two of those pumpkins.

IP Logged

Archaic Arms
Funditor

Testing and inventing
"Archaic" weapons.

Reply #61 - Nov 11th, 2021 at 6:20am

Love the video Joe!
I basked in the glory of the "dinosaur egg" breaking everything, and splitting of the pumpkin in twain.
Even standing if standing in full plate, that would be terrifying  to take a blow from. 

Regards,
Lewis
IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #62 - Nov 11th, 2021 at 9:38am

The stories and artifacts from Guam about "canoe breakers" are looking even more plausible.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #63 - Nov 11th, 2021 at 7:36pm

Wow joe this video is sensational!!!
You definitely won my vote .
3kg slinging, pumpkins on pumpkins. And finally a range that looks like an aftermath of an explosion.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching that !!

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #64 - Nov 12th, 2021 at 3:14pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Nov 10th, 2021 at 10:25pm:
Thanks guys!  When the whole thing started I was envisioning a perfect throw and the pumpkin exploding into a thousand pieces. 

Two words: “pyrotechnics, Joe!”

Your video was excellent, but that’s not going to stop us from demanding more 🤣

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #65 - Dec 6th, 2021 at 11:17am

Better late than never?

https://youtu.be/ood4D73j5Ms

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #66 - Dec 7th, 2021 at 8:16am

Good video NOOC!  I like how you got to the same point I did at the end.  The pumpkin isn't quite destroyed.  The only thing left to do is go in and do it by hand.  Grin

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #67 - Dec 7th, 2021 at 12:58pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Dec 7th, 2021 at 8:16am:
Good video NOOC!  I like how you got to the same point I did at the end.  The pumpkin isn't quite destroyed.  The only thing left to do is go in and do it by hand.  Grin

Thanks Joe!
It probably would’ve been more on-brand to finish it off with a monkey fist, but my son really wanted to go Office Space gangster on that pumpkin carcass 🤣

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #68 - Dec 7th, 2021 at 11:29pm

Rocks in the backyard! You're a brave soul!  Glad to see they got the send-off they wanted.

John R.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #69 - Dec 8th, 2021 at 9:54pm

IronGoober wrote on Dec 7th, 2021 at 11:29pm:
Rocks in the backyard! You're a brave soul!  Glad to see they got the send-off they wanted.

Rocks once a year is about as much risk as I’m willing to take Grin

The net caught most of them, but behind that was a vinyl target, then a wooden fence, then a brick wall.   A stray flyer slipping out of the pouch could still hit a window, but it’s not too likely.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: LightSlinger, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Curious Aardvark)