Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Real Men (pronouns He, Him, Zer) (Read 2551 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Real Men (pronouns He, Him, Zer)
Aug 29th, 2021 at 7:05am

Ok, have I offended anyone with the pronouns? No? Ill have to try harder.

Guys, relax for a second...I am talking about Real Men. Please dont let my toxic masculinity offend anyone.

My question is this. Name a famous person who strikes you as just a "real man".

10 years ago I wouldve said Bruce Jenner but damnit things change so she will be far up on my list of women instead.

I have to go with the quintessential man's man. Tom "the mustache" Selleck. That guy has been one of my favorite famous people forever.

I remember watching Magnum P.I. as a kid when I was too "sick" to go to school. Quigley Down Under is an awesome movie and that cemented him as my celebrity hero. And over all he seems like such a chill dude.

What do you think?

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Real Men (pronouns He, Him, Zer)
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2021 at 9:25am

How about the late, great Charles Bronson?  He flew on B-29s in WWII and was awarded the Purple Heart so he was a pretty tough guy in real  life too.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2021 at 11:21am

Rat Man wrote on Aug 29th, 2021 at 9:25am:
How about the late, great Charles Bronson?  He flew on B-29s in WWII and was awarded the Purple Heart so he was a pretty tough guy in real  life too. 

Charles Bronson is one I always forget even though I grew up watching him. He definitely belongs on the list.  Cheesy

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2021 at 6:30am

Theodore Roosevelt. Well read, adventurer, defender of what was right
Modern day, the British actor Brian Blessed. Versatile acor, mountain climber, polar explorer, trained to be an astronaut, and runs an animal sanctuary,

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2021 at 8:05am

Teddy Roosevelt is a great choice.  He was a true hard a$$.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2021 at 8:37am

Great choice Slingbadger. More so than anyone I had on my list. The guy was shot before a speech in an assassination attempt and still spoke for 90 mins bleeding the whole time. Whens the last time we had a president that tough?

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2021 at 8:45am

Something to be said for the characters that John Wayne and Charleston Heston portrayed. They were both more often than not portraying the same stock character  Grin

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #7 - Sep 4th, 2021 at 8:53am

John Wayne is like McDonalds.  For better or worse you always know exactly what you're going to get. That said, I do enjoy a John Wayne movie every now and then. 
    In that Jackie Chan did almost all of his own stunts I'd include him on this list.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2021 at 12:43pm by Rat Man »  

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #8 - Sep 7th, 2021 at 5:12pm

John Wayne is a classic. How about Clint Eastwood. That guy is still going strong.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #9 - Sep 11th, 2021 at 4:54pm

Luke stoltman
He's the current Europe's strongest Man and his younger  brother Tom, is the current worlds strongest Man

Luke used to work on the oil rigs and improvised training equipment while out there.
Tom has Asperger's, and it was as a way of helping him that Luke took him down the gym with him.

I've seen Luke in competition a few times at the world's strongest team events and probably at a British strongest Man comp in his youth.

He never comes across as anything but a thoroughly likeable and stand up gentleman.

When Tom won the world's luke was bawling his eyes out with emotion.
Luke narrowly missed out on a podium position himself.

Watch some of their YouTube channel.
Luke just comes across as a truly honourable and thoroughly likeable man.
The sort of bloke who'd help a puppy across the street and rip your head off if you were stupid enough to threaten his family.

If you want an exemplary example of a real man, I give you:
Luke 'The Highland oak' Stoltman
https://youtu.be/15wvzI3wYZc

https://youtu.be/mcwLJQNMLhI

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #10 - Sep 23rd, 2021 at 1:07am

How has the thread gone so long without mentioning Chuck Norris?

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #11 - Sep 23rd, 2021 at 7:36am

Apart from his martial arts and acting, no clue what he's like as a man.

Always seems to be a stand up bloke, and can't recall any negative press.
So why not Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #12 - Oct 23rd, 2021 at 12:29pm

Lewis and Clark.  If you read about their expedition you have to be impressed.  Men like these no longer exist.  They truly had brass balls.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #13 - Oct 23rd, 2021 at 4:11pm

Presented without comment…

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #14 - Oct 23rd, 2021 at 4:17pm

When little kids go to sleep they wear Superman pajamas. When Superman goes to sleep he wears Chuck Norris pajamas.

Anyways, as a child of the 80s and 90s I grew up in the testosterone drenched decades of action heros. So Arnold Schwarzenegger. Though I know nothing about him outside movies I love his work inside the movies.

Conan the Barbarian- Awesone
Conan the Destroyer- Eh but awesomeish
Terminator- Hell yeah
Terminator 2- one of the greatest action flicks ever
True Lies- A very competent movie..
Predator- Great movie.
Etc.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Chris, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini)