Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
I lost a loved one in a car accident (Read 3036 times)
Scorpion Vin
Descens

Still slinging better
than archery!

Re: I lost a loved one in a car accident
Reply #30 - Aug 9th, 2021 at 5:45am

Thank you Curious Aardvark.
How many people die from alcohol every year counts in the millions. How many crimes are committed under alcohol, most of the crimes are all the work of alcohol. The coronavirus pales in comparison to alcohol and its harms.

"Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom.” ― Terry Pratchett

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #31 - Aug 10th, 2021 at 8:37am

I was a traffic accident investigator for the army for three years in Seoul, Korea and miserable hell hole Ft. Campbell, Kentucky.  Most of the really bad accidents I did were in Korea.  I can't think of one accident involving fatalities or serious injuries where alcohol wasn't involved.  At every scene there was always that smell. 
    I have/had an ex brother in law, Cliff.  He was a heavy drinker.  He destroyed more cars in drunk driving accidents and incidents than I'll ever own.  He would pay his fines, do his six months restriction, and be back out on the road, time after time.  Drunk driving laws are much to lenient, at least here in America.  Drunk driving needs to be treated as the serious crime that it is.  Second time offenders should lose their license forever, pay a really hefty fine, and do hard time.

IP Logged

Scorpion Vin
Descens

Still slinging better
than archery!

Reply #32 - Aug 10th, 2021 at 2:39pm

Alcohol Supports Artificial Tension in Society

So that there was some kind of anxiety and vigilance. I noticed after the coronavirus epidemic, people began to behave no longer adequately. When I was in Mallorca in 2019, there weren't so many crowds of noisy brutal drinking people, it was much less. Not in such a pronounced form, isolation made people antisocial

"Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom.” ― Terry Pratchett

IP Logged

Scorpion Vin
Descens

Still slinging better
than archery!

Reply #33 - May 9th, 2022 at 12:41am

Dear people, thank you for being you.  Your warm advice and words warm me to this day.  I think about my uncle every day.  Sometimes I cry, I miss him very much.  He comes to me in my dreams.  I love him.  I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for supporting me at a difficult time!  Thank you!

IP Logged

Scorpion Vin
Descens

Still slinging better
than archery!

Reply #34 - May 9th, 2022 at 12:43am

Even though it's been eight months, I can't believe he's gone.  When I lost my grandfather, I could not come to my senses for two years, it is very difficult for me to endure the departure from people's lives.  Such is our life. Everyone experiences life's upheavals in their own way.

IP Logged

Scorpion Vin
Descens

Still slinging better
than archery!

Reply #35 - May 9th, 2022 at 12:43am

We must live on and always try to be happier

IP Logged

IcedFlame
Descens

Victory through discipline

MN
Reply #36 - May 11th, 2022 at 9:35pm

I know exactly how you feel. My grandfather passed away about two years ago. He and I were very close. Similar to you and your uncle. I still think of my grandfather often.

I was in a severe car accident at around the same time you were. I could have died. If there was someone in the passenger seat they would have been severely injured if not dead for sure.

If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle
           - Sun Tzu

Happy Slinging, and God bless my friend.

IP Logged

Scorpion Vin
Descens

Still slinging better
than archery!

Reply #37 - Apr 11th, 2023 at 2:01pm

Kingdom of heaven our beloved people...
God bless you good man
and thank you for being!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar)