Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
I lost a loved one in a car accident (Read 1246 times)
Scorpion Vin
Descens

Still slinging better
than archery!

Moldova transnistria
Re: I lost a loved one in a car accident
Reply #15 - Aug 5th, 2021 at 5:52pm

Ruined car

accidentc.jpeg (152 KB | 11 )
accidentc.jpeg
accident.jpeg (145 KB | 8 )
accident.jpeg

"Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom.” ― Terry Pratchett

IP Logged

Scorpion Vin
Descens

Still slinging better
than archery!

Moldova transnistria
Reply #16 - Aug 5th, 2021 at 7:25pm

The story began on July 21, 2021, when, at the invitation of my uncle, I flew here with my girlfriend from Moldova to Palma de Mallorca. He has lived here for almost 22 years. How he greeted us warmly, like no one else on the very first day made a bunch of house keys especially for us, issued a SIM card for my girlfriend, then we came home, he fed us the food he made himself, mashed potatoes with cutlets, borscht, brought straight to our room on trays! Iced water, juices, nuts. Then he invited us to go to the beach.
During the next days we toured the places that my uncle showed and were very happy, he showed only a small part of his own program of beautiful places on the island, and would show even more.

He taught me everything he knew, and would teach me even more.
if not for this

It shouldn't have happened

About my uncle

From Chisinau, my mother's cousin
he is a very kind, optimistic and simple person, friendly and smiling. 22 years ago my uncle came here to the island completely alone in nowhere, without knowing the language, housing, and money, he just took a chance. He had a very difficult life, he went through many difficulties in life, played sports all his life, a former special forces soldier, visited different parts of the world, in most of Russia, Germany, Romania, France, Italy. This is the only person I know who could win a street fight with his bare hands against a man armed with a knife.
He had a lot of fights in his life, when he was attacked at night, stabbed in the back, a crowd of people with a knife, fights in a nightclub where he worked as a security guard - everywhere he was the winner. He is such a person that if he sees a knife in a person's hands, until he neutralizes this person, he will not calm down. A very brave person.
He found a civil war in Moldova, in 1992, when he and his family, in a hurry, under threat of an attack by nationalists, had to leave their home and leave for the unrecognized republic of the PMR, Transnistria, which had separated from the rest of the country. He saw the devastation and collapse of the Soviet Union, the rampant banditry, the collapse of the economy, hunger and poverty of that time.

A man who loved to smile and laugh has lived in such a beautiful place as Palma de Mallorca for over 20 years and would have lived at least as long. He looked very good at 62 age!

On July 31 at 19.00 his friend invited us, me, my girlfriend and uncle to go fishing.

My uncle's car was being repaired, and so we took a taxi, then upon arrival we met an acquaintance of my uncle, got into his car, my uncle was driving since, he driver was drunk, and went to the mall for bait for fish and fishing equipment
When we got to the fishing spot, it was already dark and nothing was visible, we got out of the car, an uncle's friend went somewhere to meet the fishermen leaving fishing, who turned out to be Moldovans too, and he talked with them about something for 10 minutes, while my uncle and my girlfriend were waiting in the rain for him at his car, as it turned out he drank moonshine with them and was very drunk.
Then he came, we got into the car, I sat in the back seat with an acquaintance of my uncle's, my girlfriend in front of the passenger seat, and my uncle at the wheel.
He, this friend of his uncle, whose name is Sasha, constantly urged his uncle to drive at high speed along a slippery rainy road, in the mountains, along a serpentine road where the roads are narrow and very steep.
But my uncle drove at a low speed and carefully, we drove about 3 kilometers, the car began to stall often, in motion, it was on a diesel engine, 2.5 engine displacement, then the car stopped starting. Then the owner of the car was behind the wheel, who only had to start it, and my uncle and I were pushing the car from behind, it started up, we got into it, we sat in the back seats, uncle behind the driver, I behind my girlfriend.

And from that moment until the arrival of the ambulance, I do not remember anything. It all happened so quickly.

This drunken owner shouldn't have been driving, he had to change back to the passenger one and my uncle must had to drive.

Instead of moving back to the passenger seat, he immediately picked up a tremendous speed, and from the moment he was behind the wheel and the accident occurred, 20 seconds had elapsed.

He overtook another car at high speed in the opposite lane, on an uphill, along a serpentine, on a slippery rainy road, could not turn at that speed, crashed into a fence, flew two meters down, collided with a tree and the car overturned. I hit my nose on the seat and passed out.

According to my girlfriend, immediately after the accident, my uncle was alive, moving, talking and showing signs of life. My girlfriend and the driver were wearing a seatbelt, but my uncle and I were not, unfortunately.

The people who were overtaken by the driver helped us get out of the car, broke the rear window and pulled us out. In addition to his uncle, they left him in the car, and they called rescuers and an ambulance, they arrived in 20 minutes.

The girl and I were just lucky, as the x-ray showed that we had not a single fracture, only bruises, bruises, and shrapnel wounds from glass fragments that pierced my girlfriend's skin. We stayed in the clinic for a little more than one day and were discharged home. True, it is very difficult for me to walk, my body still hurts.

They did not say anything specific about my uncle, all the doctors and paramedics answered that they did not know. Until a person was found who said to me in English, "Sorry, I have bad news for you," I then had my first tears. However, as the Russian people say, tears will not help the cause.

How many times it could have been prevented. Just countless.
1. Stay at home
2. Wait a couple of days until his car is ready and drive it.
3. Call a taxi and take a taxi home.
4. Do not change places for my uncle, if he stayed behind the wheel he would be alive now.

To my greatest regret, life is so arranged if a person is gone, he is no longer there, then nothing can ever be corrected, a person can never be returned. And this is forever.

I am writing this from the house where he lived the last 12 years of his life, and I feel the silence and emptiness, this house is completely different without him!

Even on the first night in the clinic, looking out the window, I noticed that that night was already different, not the same darkness, not the same stars and the moon. And in the afternoon I noticed that people were different, cars, houses, the sea, nature - everything was not the same as before, and Palma itself is no longer a Palma without an uncle. No one else will wait and meet me like an uncle, there is no one else to come to. He loved me very much, received the warmth of my girlfriend, and protected and protected us. He didn't deserve it all.
I am very sorry my uncle, you are gone, dissolved in us and I feel you in me.

I'm sorry.

I will always love and remember.
Cry

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2021 at 5:34pm by Scorpion Vin »  

"Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom.” ― Terry Pratchett

IP Logged

Scorpion Vin
Descens

Still slinging better
than archery!

Moldova transnistria
Reply #17 - Aug 5th, 2021 at 7:44pm

And what a decent man he was! He always kept his word never let down, was very economic, responsible, single-handedly cleaned and tidied up the entire two-story house, was a storekeeper, gardener, security guard at the same time, managed to cook borsch, buns, he cooked very tasty, he is a unique person, so sorry I didn’t save him, this is a wonderful human.

Un__1089_le.jpeg (50 KB | 9 )
Un__1089_le.jpeg
Uncle.jpg (254 KB | 8 )
Uncle.jpg
20181021_191316.jpg (97 KB | 10 )
20181021_191316.jpg
20181216_164207.jpg (127 KB | 8 )
20181216_164207.jpg

IP Logged

Scorpion Vin
Descens

Still slinging better
than archery!

Moldova transnistria
Reply #18 - Aug 5th, 2021 at 7:45pm

We , last photo

20210727_174656.jpg (157 KB | 10 )
20210727_174656.jpg

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍

Ringing Slocks ! Fundo
ille Funditorii !

Derbyshire, England
Reply #19 - Aug 5th, 2021 at 7:46pm

My thoughts are with you Vin.

My outlook on life is Aristotalean; on seeing an Acorn I see a potential oak tree rather than Plato's view that it is a failed copy.
Look forward to meeting at Slingfest 2022.
BE SAFE,    BE SMILEY,   BE STRANGE

IP Logged

Scorpion Vin
Descens

Still slinging better
than archery!

Moldova transnistria
Reply #20 - Aug 5th, 2021 at 7:47pm

Please don't make my mistakes.
If you feel something is wrong, do as your intuition tells you.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #21 - Aug 5th, 2021 at 9:42pm

So sorry about your uncle.  He was a great man.  Such a terrible tragedy.

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #22 - Aug 6th, 2021 at 8:25am

It sounds like he got a lot of living into the years he had and that you and others have good memories of him. He looks happy and proud in the pictures you've shared. I am sorry for you that he passed but happy that he seemed to fill his years so well.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Scorpion Vin
Descens

Still slinging better
than archery!

Moldova transnistria
Reply #23 - Aug 6th, 2021 at 5:26pm

Thanks for the kind words!

Please, take care of dear people as much as possible, they are not with us forever, unfortunately.

IP Logged

Scorpion Vin
Descens

Still slinging better
than archery!

Moldova transnistria
Reply #24 - Aug 6th, 2021 at 5:43pm

So I would like it to be just a very terrible nightmare after which there is usually an awakening. A week before that, my girlfriend dreamed of a falling plane and a car that turned over with its wheels up
these were all alarm calls to us. And we didn't take it seriously. I am an atheist do not believe in God, although I believed before, but you have to trust your instinct and intuition very much. They will never fail

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #25 - Aug 7th, 2021 at 4:45am

Don't blame yourself. Who's to say if you took a taxi, the taxi driver wouldn't crash? You can't think of what could have happened because nobody knows and it doesn't matter now anyway. You could drive yourself crazy with "What if?" The only person to blame is the drunk driver. He made his choice, these are the results and I hope he faces the consequences. What you need to focus on is yourself and your girlfriend. I didn't realise before that you were also involved in the crash. That can be a horrible thing to live with and it can have a long effect far past any physical injuries. Be kind to yourself.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Scorpion Vin
Descens

Still slinging better
than archery!

Moldova transnistria
Reply #26 - Aug 7th, 2021 at 7:04am

Thanks, Kick. You are right, I fell into despair, I must live on

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #27 - Aug 7th, 2021 at 9:27am

This is not your fault SV. Dont let those dark feelings lie to you. We all second guess ourselves but in this case especially this was NOT your fault. Nor was it your girlfriends and certainly not your Uncles. It is only the fault of the man driving. He made a bad decision and others suffered for it. I am sorry you have to go through this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

"I think this guy is the king of trolls of the forum, he waited 16 years just to say this. please pay your respects in an orderly fashion."-Sarosh

IP Logged

Scorpion Vin
Descens

Still slinging better
than archery!

Moldova transnistria
Reply #28 - Aug 7th, 2021 at 6:47pm

Thank you very much, Morphy.

I really believe and hope he feels good there now, better than where he finished his earthly way

It's been a week since it happened

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Slinging.org Administrator

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #29 - Aug 8th, 2021 at 3:46pm

Alcohol and motor vehicles do not mix.

My sisters partner had a couple beers and went to take the motorbike he'd just finished renovating to show my sister, where she worked.
She drove past the accident on her way back from work, without knowing.
It was fathers day and he was the only real dad my nieces had known. 
Jimmy didn't cause anyone else direct harm, just killed himself.

But it did not diminish the heartache and misery his death caused. I loved that guy.
Some of my best memories are making stuff with him - he'd always save a big project for when I went over to stay.
It happend about 10 years ago and i haven't been able to go to canada since.
I'm not sure I ever will.

As morphy says, the only person at fault here is the bastard who got drunk and drove the car.

Your uncle sounds like a truly fine man - and I can see how he would fit perfectly into the mallorcan culture.

Alcohol is the worst drug humans habitually use - simply because it's universally socially accepted.

Looking at that car - it's a pure miracle Any of you got out of that alive

All i can say is remember everything you can about your uncle's life.

Death is transient and the last and least part of anyone's life.
Hold the person in your heart and always in your thoughts and a part of them will always live with you.

Memories are forever, life - unfortunately - is all to brief.

And always wear your damn seatbelt !

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, David Morningstar, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner)