Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How to sling - YouTube channel (Read 2709 times)
Slingbasket

Slingers Unite!

USA
Re: How to sling - YouTube channel
Reply #15 - Jul 3rd, 2021 at 10:51pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VeHNhnwiSoE&t=5430s

Gents- I was fortunate to be able to travel to this store opening today. I met one of the top tarantula influencers on YouTube, Richard Stewart who runs the channel The Tarantula Collective. I had mailed him a habitat but we had not been able to connect. When he saw me, he invited me to speak on his podcast, and I was pretty pleased with how the interview turned out. This is basically a look at the habitat and the latest news about its launch. Take a look and tell me what you think. Fast forward to 1:30:00.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #16 - Jul 6th, 2021 at 4:47pm

lol - well that was pretty cool.
Learnt more about you from that short video than from the last 3 or 4 years of emails whistle 
Plus seeing the back of the cobweb castle with the two stage screens and the actual bubble, made the whole thing make a lot more sense.

Not just a simple box.

One thing that might be worth adding is some way to actually catch a spider without having to handle one.

I was pretty phobic of spiders as a kid.
But over the years I've made  a point of leaving them in my shed and workshop and getting used to them.
So while they no longer scare the crap out of me - I would never pick a decent sized one up.

I could see having one in a habitat like that - but I'd need a way to get it in there that did not involve picking one up.    

Also a great thing for a classroom, again to habituate kids to the fact that spiders are harmless. -Well most of them lol
We don;t have any venomous spiders in the uk, obvuiously there are  a few venomous ones in the states and more venomous than non-venomous in australia.   

The whole thing now makes a lot more sense Smiley
Good luck with it mate Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Slingbasket

Slingers Unite!

USA
Reply #17 - Jul 6th, 2021 at 9:33pm

Thank you for the kind words! I was very glad at how it turned out! He said he would make a dedicated video of the habitat, which his videos are very good quality and entertaining. Also the big kahuna is Clint's Reptiles with 333K YouTube subs. When I go out to film with him, that should put me on the spider niche map pretty well!

Keep fingers crossed for me! Any success here will bleed over to launch the sling!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #18 - Jul 12th, 2021 at 1:54pm

Does Clint know spiders are not reptiles ?

You didn't tell him you were breeding rare 8 legged spider lizards ?

Given there is a lizard in ibiza with 2 tails that lives on a mystical rock.(es vede - or something like that, I've been round it in a boat. Which is a story in itself)

Spider lizards could be a thing whistle

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #19 - Jul 12th, 2021 at 3:09pm

Pretty cool, Slingbasket. 
   I like spiders outside.  They are beautiful, fascinating creatures.  Plus they control insect pests.  I'm not wild about them in the house.  And spiders crawling on me completely weirds me out.  My late sister Susan had a Tarantula named cuddles.  She would take Cuddles out and play with him.  I'm usually not such a wuss about things... I've owned large, dangerous wild animals. But I never had any desire whatsoever to take Cuddles out and play with him.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #20 - Jul 14th, 2021 at 6:51am

Elliot,  thatbwas awesome.  Loved it. Congratulations on the STEM certificate.  Thats impressive. I been wanting a tarantula for a long time now

U have my number, WHY DIDN'T u tell me u had bees,?  Jk.....all is good.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #21 - Jul 14th, 2021 at 9:05am

Good stuff man.

Got a question for you. Do you have any experience with jumping spiders as pets? Ive been seeing more and more people talk about then. And some of the things they do seem astonishingly intelligent for such a small creature.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #22 - Jul 14th, 2021 at 10:33am

jumping spiders are tiny.
Very cool as they also spit their webbing like spiderman.

But petty small for pets i would have thought.

For some reason we seem to mostly get them in the bathroom noidea

Like all insects - you don't see many spiders around these days either Sad

IP Logged

Slingbasket

Slingers Unite!

USA
Reply #23 - Aug 5th, 2021 at 2:26pm

Gents,

I have been super busy and haven’t posted anything yet on the HTS channel. I’m traveling tomorrow to film with Clint’s Reptiles and will try to see if I can post something next week.

Thank you all for your interest. I have some experience with jumping spiders. They are really neat and don’t need much space. I’ll post a video about them on my Cobweb Castle channel. Give this one a look!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Morphy, Rat Man, Kick, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15)