Send Topic Print
Breaking the Law (Read 5391 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Breaking the Law
Reply #45 - Jul 11th, 2021 at 2:28am

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

KnollSlinger

The Davidson Road KnollSlinger

Chandler, Arizona, USA
Reply #46 - Jul 11th, 2021 at 6:43pm

Morphy wrote on Jun 28th, 2021 at 10:48pm:
Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2021 at 10:48pm   I could see myself killing game with a sling. It makes no sense to me to allow blunt arrows but not sling stones. The rabbits wont know the difference.

As someone who took a jack rabbit with a sling I can tell you it chops it into two distinct pieces: head, and hind legs separated by several inches of nothing.  I don't think an arrow would do that.

The Davidson Road KnollSlinger&&Who can beat me?

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #47 - Jul 11th, 2021 at 8:51pm

This is off topic but I'd like to add that doctors' drug pushing doesn't stop with narcotics.  When I was a kid if you went to a doctor for an ailment he would attack the root cause.  Your doctor would tell you the painful truth.  Your blood pressure is high because you're too fat.  You can't sleep at night because you don't get any exercise.  You feel bad all the time because you eat garbage.  These days they'll give you a pill instead.  And they'll do their best to keep you on that pill for as long as possible, ideally the rest of your life.  Having had Lyme Disease for fourteen years I saw this first hand.  They have a drug for everything. The medical establishment would still have me popping pills all day.  Over four years ago I threw them all away.   If people would eat healthy and exercise nearly all of the meds we take would be unnecessary.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #48 - Jul 12th, 2021 at 6:21pm

Kick wrote on Jul 11th, 2021 at 2:28am:

They need to do the same for CBD.

KnollSlinger wrote on Jul 11th, 2021 at 6:43pm:
Morphy wrote on Jun 28th, 2021 at 10:48pm:
Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2021 at 10:48pm   I could see myself killing game with a sling. It makes no sense to me to allow blunt arrows but not sling stones. The rabbits wont know the difference.

As someone who took a jack rabbit with a sling I can tell you it chops it into two distinct pieces: head, and hind legs separated by several inches of nothing.  I don't think an arrow would do that.

Sounds quite effective lol.

IP Logged

KnollSlinger

The Davidson Road KnollSlinger

Chandler, Arizona, USA
Reply #49 - Jul 14th, 2021 at 12:17am

Morphy wrote on Jul 12th, 2021 at 6:21pm:
Sounds quite effective lol.

yes. first rock missed though. it was in the late 60's so no cell to take pic Cry

The Davidson Road KnollSlinger&&Who can beat me?

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #50 - Oct 13th, 2023 at 5:24pm

There is something I'd like to add to this.  Back to the original topic:  If you want to be a criminal but not go to prison, along with staying small don't work the same hustle forever.  If you've had a good thing going for two or three years don't push your luck.  Even if it's been very profitable end it.  Walk away and forget about it.  This will shock and confuse the people you've been dealing with.  Too bad.

IP Logged

GT
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #51 - Jan 22nd, 2024 at 5:17pm

I have done quite a bit of graffiti. something I think should be totally legal. it makes a boring old wall pop.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini)