Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What topics would you like us to cover next? (Read 3168 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
What topics would you like us to cover next?
Jun 15th, 2021 at 10:29am

We have several episodes already in the works, but we’d love to hear more about what y’all want to hear on the podcast. What topics should we cover?  What guests should we have on? Maybe we should interview you???  Let us know, or PM me or Kick if you want to make a private suggestion.

A few notes on how we are approaching this:
1. One of our biggest goals is to expand the slinging community and draw in both new slingers and slingers who aren’t already engaged in discussions on slinging.org. Because of this, we don’t want to go too far towards “inside baseball” talking about things that wouldn’t make sense outside of this forum.
2. It must be interesting to the podcast hosts. If we aren’t interested, the audience will be bored too.  Fortunately for you, Kick and I find a lot of things interesting, so please don’t hesitate to suggest your favorite slinging topics Smiley 
3. The topics must relate to slinging somehow (obviously).  If you can make a solid argument for why 19th century monetary policy is relevant to slinging, then go for it… bearing the first rule two rules in mind too, of course.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

MikeG

Slinging Rocks!

Bayern-Germany
Re: What topics would you like us to cover next?
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 3:28pm

I would like to hear about the differences in slinging techniques and sling design across different cultures.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 5:29pm

Non-typical slings and slinging.  Compound, shotgun, multi-pouch, maybe even a mention of two handed slinging.  Wink

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 7:36pm

Can you discuss the pros and cons of various noodles and which holy figures preferred which throwing styles?

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 11:02pm

Did I neglect to mention that you might be called upon to join us on the podcast to talk about it?  I’m looking at you Joe “shotgun sling” Meadmaker Grin

@Morphy we will never reveal the secret techniques of Jesus the Noodler. Nope. It definitely wasn’t Turkey style.

@MikeG- that’s a good idea. If/when we talk about making slings, it would be interesting to compare styles around the world.  It’s probably also worth discussing whether certain styles fit best with certain sling designs. I’m not sure right now whether it would be one episode or if your suggestion might be naturally spread across several episodes under other topics.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #5 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 4:54am

Turkey style.. fo sho

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
past-moderator

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #6 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 10:54am

modern sling usage.
Things like sling golf, dog training (I seem to sell more slings to dog owners than anyone else).
seed bombs, riots, etc

modern sling manufacture.
braiding versus laser cutting leather and 3d printing waterproof pouches.
why different methods are used for different sling types.

Sling ammo and the various ways to make your own - both safe and unsafe.

How to start a local slinging group

How different sling types effect what ammo you can sling.
And how that can also have a knock on cultural effect.

You pretty much touched on just about everything at some point in the david and goliath discussion. The last 20 minutes or so covered all of the above topic ideas and more.
So maybe try and focus on the topic in hand a wee bit more Smiley
Otherwise the casts are going to get very 'samey' very quickly.
Also is you repeat the same stuff each time - what incentive is there for people to listen to the next cast ? 

And you need to get Roman de la cruz on as a guest at some point to discuss the phenomenal progress of slinging in guam and how it's being used to rekindle a culture the spanish spent 400 years trying to destroy.
Let me know if you can't get hold of him - it can be tricky, he doesn't stand still very often lol

I'm not a general fan of podcasts - so when i say I did listen to both all the way through, and didn't even shout at the screen - like i frequently do at the radio whistle
That's high praise indeed Thumbs Up

Just tighten it up a little and try keep on topic a bit more.

But carry on dragging us into the modern era.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #7 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 11:35am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Jun 16th, 2021 at 10:54am:
I'm not a general fan of podcasts

😆 Ok, Ill bear that in mind when considering your suggestions for how to make it better CA. LOL

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #8 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 12:14pm

With the David and Goliath one, it's the first full episode and really works as a taster for what we're all about. Later episodes are going to have a tighter focus.

It's good to see some of the ideas we have already noted down are wanted by you guys Cheesy Don't be surprised if what you want doesn't turn up for a fair few months though. We're going for a podcast a month and a lot of these topics can easily be individual episodes so it might be a while before we get to it, but get to it we shall. It's great to hear you guys are liking it Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #9 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 5:15pm

+1 for getting Roman on, he's an excellent advocate for slinging.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #10 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 10:57pm

We've got a list of potential guests and he was one of the first on there. The fact that Guam have managed to get themselves so well known in the slinging world in such a short time is a really amazing feat. Would love to talk to Roman about it.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
past-moderator

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #11 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 10:43am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Jun 16th, 2021 at 11:35am:
Curious Aardvark wrote on Jun 16th, 2021 at 10:54am:
I'm not a general fan of podcasts

😆 Ok, Ill bear that in mind when considering your suggestions for how to make it better CA. LOL

Not spending my life listening to people drone on - actually makes me a better judge.
My main objection to many podcasts is that they are simply that: two idiots waffling on and on and on.
Much repetition and in jokes that they don't seem to realise their audience don't share. 

So it really depends what you want to do.
Something informative and on the money.

Or just the same recycled waffle each episode. 

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #12 - Jun 17th, 2021 at 12:01pm

Well we were born and raised on the forum so waffle comes second nature to us.

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #13 - Jun 23rd, 2021 at 5:37pm

Staff sling, and its origins.
Its history is even more obscure than the sling!

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #14 - Jun 24th, 2021 at 1:08pm

Slyngorm wrote on Jun 23rd, 2021 at 5:37pm:
Staff sling, and its origins.
Its history is even more obscure than the sling!

Good shout! With me involved we are sure to cover staff slings Cheesy If anyone has any information (about staff slings or anything else) We would love to hear it too. Of course you'll get a shout out if it makes it into an episode.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, NooneOfConsequence, Morphy, vetryan15)