Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tracer BlowDarts (Read 599 times)
LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Tracer BlowDarts
Jun 10th, 2021 at 7:18pm

Is this still considered primitive? It's still breath-powered. My own video here.
https://youtu.be/4BJkZc7UseM

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Tracer BlowDarts
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2021 at 11:01pm

You definitely make a blowgun look extremely cool!  Thumbs Up

If your question is whether your video belongs under the Other Primitive Weapons board, I would say it definitely does.  I think your execution is basically the same as a sling made with paracord.  The weapon as a concept itself is primitive, but some of the materials going into it may not be.  No big deal.  We're all working with what we have, and experimenting to find out what works well.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2021 at 3:42pm

blow guns are 'other primitive weapons' Smiley

We don't discriminate over how technical the ammo is.

A LOT of work gone into those darts - and they are AMAZING !

You could do with some breath control training, I could tell by how long your exhalations were that you weren;t using your diaphragm properly.
You could probably doubkle the range with better breath control.

But great darts Thumbs Up

I also love your dart building process.

These days i tend to forget how I used to make stuff - before the 3d printers Smiley
And I'm watching the video thinking: ' why doesn't he just print the tubes ?'
lol
Your way is probably more fun Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2021 at 4:11pm

Awesome! 've said before I would love a blowgun but I believe they aren't legal in Finland Sad At least I think I read that they are.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

LKH9
Funditor

Malaysia
Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2021 at 7:58pm

These things are much heavier than conventional darts, takes a lot of effort to shoot properly. You can't see me breathing because I was so calm when taking in deep breath. Learned the method from seated meditation. And I use the tongue compression technique taught by Cheerokee natives on the internet, lost that article. All done in 1 swift motion. My bamboo darts can travel 50 metres away. The shot at 18metres in the vid, one missed dart landed around 30 metres away, found it there!

I shoot so hard that the pipe wobbles, a lot of inertia there. And I feel a kickback in my throat with these heavyweights, can't shoot them for prolonged period.

Well, my video theme is about being cheap! So that everyone can do it with minimal tools. I hate YouTube videos that says "DIY" "How to make at home!" Then proceeds to make everything using power tools, bandsaws, drill press, welding machines or even 3d machines  Grin

Luckily I don't live in Singapore, the country below me. Everything is illegal, including slingshots and knives!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Bill Skinner)