Send Topic Print
2021 Hurricane Seeason (Read 88 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
2021 Hurricane Seeason
Jun 6th, 2021 at 9:16am

NOAA predicts an active 2021 Hurricane season, though not as bad as last year's record breaker. 
https://www.noaa.gov/media-release/noaa-predicts-another-active-atlantic-hurrica....

Here in New Jersey last year we had an unprecedented number of tropical storms.  Usually one is a big deal here.  Last year I think we got seven in a row.  I lost count.  This was actually a good thing because it saved us from a drought.
Isaias was the only one that actually got scary.  For a few moments it looked like Armageddon outside.  Afterward we had a few trees broken down and broken branches all over the place but it wasn't that bad.  My yard and my neighbors' are very woodsy so anytime there's a lot of wind, falling trees are a big concern.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: 2021 Hurricane Seeason
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2021 at 1:57pm

Lots of rain here lately but I quite enjoy it. So long as Im not out in it I say bring on the rain, thunder and lightning.

One of the side benefits of thunder especially is pushing my big wimp of a jack russell terrier under my blanket to hang out.

"I think this guy is the king of trolls of the forum, he waited 16 years just to say this. please pay your respects in an orderly fashion."-Sarosh

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2021 at 8:10am

I've found that when I'm renting my home rather than owning it I enjoy violent weather a lot more.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Funditor

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2021 at 7:05pm

RM, can you please just send them to the West coast please? WA through NM are in severe drought.  Stop being selfish and share your rain!

John R.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man)