Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Skallagrim talking about blunt weapons (Read 415 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Skallagrim talking about blunt weapons
May 27th, 2021 at 3:51am

Good video from Skall about blunt weapons and has a few parallels to the blunt impact of sling stones.

https://youtu.be/WQEx4nhhQ6w

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Skallagrim talking about blunt weapons
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2021 at 4:13pm

some youtubers just leave me thinking: WHY ?
And I'm afraid I lasted about 30 seconds.
Just another seriously annoying millenial.

No way I'm getting past the annoying idiot in front of the camera rto get to any decent content.

So what were the good bits kick ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Skallagrim talking about blunt weapons
Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2021 at 8:13pm

I find myself in your boat a lot C_A

For Skall specifically it was a video about whether or not armies just fell into disordered melees or whether there were amazing martial arts voodoo going on. I exaggerate the context only slightly but he boiled down (over the course of 10 min) to the "knights trained this night and day so the idea it boiled down to smashsmashstabstab is silly."  There wasn't marshaled evidence, or contrasting best arguments vs best arguments, it was....wasted time.

Of course I may just getting crochety in my 30s.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Chris, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini)